VG-99 - Speaking Guitar - inspired by Alex Hutching's patch for the GT001/GT100

Started by Smash, March 14, 2014, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

Apparently there's some new spangly "my first little VG" box out or something - can't say I've noticed anything myself - what about you?  :)

Anyways....so business as usual in the court of King VG99.

Wasn't sure whether to put this in synth or jazz. flip of coin job. *EDIT* Probably should've gone in synth to be honest.

This patch is all about touch - what you get out is down to what you put in - tone is in your fingers etc. It's very responsive but just to give an extra push when needed you can use the EXP 1 pedal on FC300 which ramps up the COSM models gain and EQ around 1khz just to drive everything a bit more and help notes sing.

It sounds a little flute like to me out on it's own - it's very lyrical. hope you like it!

DEMO https://soundcloud.com/smashmashups/speaking-guitar-vg99-lead?in=smashmashups/sets/vg99-patches

alexmcginness

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

supernicd

The demo sounds fantastic.  Makes me wish I could have this patch.  Oh, wait.  I can?!  Thanks :)
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------