VG-99 - Owner of a Lonely Heart - YES - including backing track

Started by Smash, December 10, 2013, 02:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

OK so big challenge here - in the end I've gone with two patches to cover the whole song. Both patches are as stereophonically wide as I could make them so they fudge the job in one pass.

Solo patch - this covers both the intro distortion and classic Eventide Harmoniser solo sound.

Usage: FC300 Exp1 fades between intro tone and solo tone (A/B)
          FC300 Exp2 lays on the reverb for the last half of the solo

Verse Patch FC300 CTL2 switches between crunch chord and picked tone which should also be used for chop chords leading to solo and the harmonics at the end of each chorus. Use EXP2 to bring the reverb for the end of chorus harmonics.

The track runs at 125bpm - have fun playing along with the backing track. I've muted the main guitars although there are still some ghost parts.

This is what the patches sound like sat in the track (money shot's at 2'32", lol)

https://soundcloud.com/smashmashups/owner-of-a-lonely-vg99

Smash

I'm happy with most of it apart from the verse pick tone - couldn't seem to properly nail that (also not playing the right pattern on the second half of the verse - using an open G instead of an A but can't work out how he played it!).

If anyone can nail that picked tone or tweak mine I'd really like to hear it sorted out :)

*EDIT* I've attached the main git parts to help work out what's going on - I played the main verse riff at the nut but it's actually played at 5th and 10th fret as I think I've sussed it now.

papabuss

FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

maxdaddy

papabuss

FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)