mooncaine update

Started by mooncaine, December 05, 2022, 06:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooncaine

Long story short: big changes in moonie's life. Impending divorce. Moved out in a hurry. Separated from some of my music gear, dunno for how long. Will be ok. Things are not bad actually! I've been gigging once a month with friends, still relying on vg-99 and Peg, my customized steinberger spirit.

But I lost a knurled barrel-shaped thumbscrew to one of my PDS-10 stands on the way out, and I might need to repurchase some power adapters now & then, maybe for older GR synths. I'm staying with a good friend for a short time, probably 2 to 3 months.

I've been away from you a long time. missed you all. Not much time for me, lots of interpersonal strife punctuated by one to three day gigs as a background actor and lots of couples counseling. Soon, many financial obligations peel away... I then pay down debt and find a place i can afford, probably spring or summer. Till then, sleeping in a friend's spare room, living out of duffel bags and laundry baskets.

But I am back.

mooncaine

whippinpost91850

Glad to see you're back. Good luck with your problems. Been there

aliensporebomb

Hope you are in a better space now - sometimes things don't work out but open doors to better days.  Welcome back!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

gumbo

Many of us know these situations....take (extra!) care of yourself and stay centered.

Try to build in some quiet time on a regular basis.

All the best,

Peter

Oh....and don't make ANY financial decisions on an empty stomach !
.....go get some of your favorite food first !    Don't ask me how I know this....

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Chumly

I truly sympathize with your plight my friend!

I'm in Canada, and as I'm sure you'll remember, you dropped by (virtually) at the beginning of the pandemic, to perform the function of an ad hoc electrical student, prior to me teaching online for a few years.  My online teaching was a great success, and now everyone is back on campus, except for me as I retired and expect for one of my peers as he died. 

Long term relationships are a trying endeavor, I've been married three times, and this last time is still going strong after 25 years, but not without difficulties.  I'm not convinced that humans are well suited to the imposition of Western romanticized monogamy.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

CodeSmart

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

BROCKSTAR

pasha811

Welcome Back. What's important is now your spirit and music will sure contribute. In Italy we say 'when one door shuts, another big one opens' and that's what I am wishing for you!
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

Paresh

I've been there too Moonie. It's rough but life gets better eventually. Play the blues, when you feel it brother.
paresh

Headless68

Stay Headless :-)
Welcome home