Helix 3.50 update

Started by Mrchevy, November 04, 2022, 08:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrchevy

Line6 has officially released thier latest update. Planned to be 3.2 but is actually named 3.5. Update includes major cab/ IR updates, some new amps and effects, along with a new cab engine that boasts 66-80% less DSP ussage.

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helix-350-release-notes-r1003/
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

Kevin M

I'm looking forward to updating my HX Stomp. Seems like a major update under the covers.

HecticArt

I saw that! I usually give the updates a few weeks to let other people kick the tires and discover any bugs.
I'm looking forward to checking it out soon.

Mrchevy

Quote from: Kevin M on November 04, 2022, 09:36:34 AMI'm looking forward to updating my HX Stomp. Seems like a major update under the covers.

Looks like the HX Stompers will benefit greatly from the new cab engine giving you a little more wiggle room with the DSP.

Quote from: HecticArt on November 04, 2022, 12:12:38 PMI saw that! I usually give the updates a few weeks to let other people kick the tires and discover any bugs.
I'm looking forward to checking it out soon.

I usually agree with this approach, but I'm not dependent on my Helix LT for gigs so.... what the hell. 8) Just about done with the update. So far so good. Nothing has exploded.... yet ;)   

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

arkieboy

I'm not using my LT for gigs ATM so I'll upgrade this weekend.  

Interested in the Sunn amps and ambience fx as much as the cab update - very few of my presets even remotely stretch the processing capacity and I have some IRs I like, so I'm already happy with the unit.  But more power/efficiency isn't to sniff at.

Plenty of time to get to grips with it before the theatre gig rehearsals in January.
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

HecticArt

Very nice.
I'm looking forward to your reviews.