Micro BR-80 COSM modulation effects rate

Started by okulo, November 02, 2022, 11:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okulo

I just got a BR-80 so this is my first post.

I have been playing around with the COSM effects and I'm a bit frustrated with the settings for the modulation effects; specifically the rate settings. I'd like to be able to sync the modulation with the BPM of the song. It is possible, if a little awkward to kind of sync delay to the song BPM with a bit of maths but not really necessary but modulation, especially tremolo, sounds great when synced and very quickly awful as it slips out of sync.

I was wondering if there is any value to the 0-100 setting which I could use to calculate what setting I could set the modulation rate to in order to match the song BPM.

More generally, I can't help wonder why tremolo syncing is not a 'thing'.

admin

Quote from: okulo on November 02, 2022, 11:27:01 AMI just got a BR-80 so this is my first post.

I have been playing around with the COSM effects and I'm a bit frustrated with the settings for the modulation effects; specifically the rate settings. I'd like to be able to sync the modulation with the BPM of the song. It is possible, if a little awkward to kind of sync delay to the song BPM with a bit of maths but not really necessary but modulation, especially tremolo, sounds great when synced and very quickly awful as it slips out of sync.

I was wondering if there is any value to the 0-100 setting which I could use to calculate what setting I could set the modulation rate to in order to match the song BPM.

More generally, I can't help wonder why tremolo syncing is not a 'thing'.

These have minimal subset of Boss GT6 type effects processing -and not a full experience -no sync to external MIDI BPM

okulo

Thanks for your reply but that was not what I asked. I was not expecting MIDI synchronisation from a device which does not have MIDI - I asked if there was any value to the 0-100 setting which I could use to calculate the modulation rate; i.e. are the settings based on a value in seconds (fractions thereof) or is 0-100 logarithmic or is the 0-100 scale a bit random.