Katana - can't import saved patch?

Started by dazco, November 24, 2018, 11:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazco

So i am in FXfloorboard and I have the amp on bank B ch1 and i go to the file menu and choose "save as tone central patch" and save the tsl file to desktop. It's a patch made with a sneaky amps model, the twin. But i used "custom" and and chose the twin from the sub menu there. Anyways, after saving that to a tsl file i tried to import it into boss tone studio because i wanted to share this with some players, some of which may be using BTS only. But tone studio will not import the file. It says it failed. I suppose it may be because i chose the twin from the custom amps sub menu now that i think about it. But the extra controls with the custom version is art of what makes the patch what it is. Is that why or is there some other reason i cannot import it into BTS? I DO have sneaky amps loaded into BTS by the way which i realize doesn't support custom, but wouldn't it just default to twin?

dazco

Yes, i have noticed things can change but usually not if they are things tone studio supports which seems to be the issue here. BTS doesn't support custom. BUT, i tried importing a new tsl file that i made in FXFB with the clean twin NOT made thru the custom amp menu. It too failed, yet BTS does work with the snaky amps twin. So i'm guessing NO sneaky amp patch or maybe no patch at all thats made in FXFB will import into BTS.

gumtown

Something I was unaware of, will look into it when firmware 3 drops.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

solidair

Quote from: dazco on November 24, 2018, 11:27:47 AM
So i am in FXfloorboard and I have the amp on bank B ch1 and i go to the file menu and choose "save as tone central patch" and save the tsl file to desktop. It's a patch made with a sneaky amps model, the twin. But i used "custom" and and chose the twin from the sub menu there. Anyways, after saving that to a tsl file i tried to import it into boss tone studio because i wanted to share this with some players, some of which may be using BTS only. But tone studio will not import the file. It says it failed. I suppose it may be because i chose the twin from the custom amps sub menu now that i think about it. But the extra controls with the custom version is art of what makes the patch what it is. Is that why or is there some other reason i cannot import it into BTS? I DO have sneaky amps loaded into BTS by the way which i realize doesn't support custom, but wouldn't it just default to twin?

The saved file seems to have a syntax error.  i tried this using a patch with Custom Amp with Tweed as 'sub amp', and got the same error.

Checking the file (with 'jq' json printer), I got complains at something that looked like this:

... "liveSetId":"6165386104","note":"                                l,"params":
I changed this to

"liveSetId":"6165386104","note":"                                l","params":

thus balancing the quotation marks
BTS would load the patch OK.

I'm don't how the "note" is used, and have not really checked if parameters stay the same, but I guess this is were to look for a fix.

I'm using FXFloorboard on Mac OS 10.14.1, and was tested with version 20180304 and 20180808.

gumtown

OK ..
So just by chance I was reading a Katana related Forum elsewhere on the interwebs,
and came across a topic thread on issues with FxFloorBoard saved files not opening in Tone Studio.
The topic linked to right here....

All I can add is the Firmware version 3 update has been, the editor has been updated and the file saving issue was resolved (AFAIK)
I can save a FxFloorBoard patch (exported in *.tsl format), and then import and open it in Tone Studio.

Let me know if there are any specific details on the process used if this is not working for you.
You will need to state the editor version number, because there have been issues in the past when someone says "I have the latest version" but was downloaded from a 3rd party site hosting outdated versions (I have no control over these shareware hosting sites).

The only site the downloads should come from is
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/KatanaFxFloorBoard/Katana%20FxFloorBoard%20for%20Desktop/

The "ReadMe" file packaged with each release also has a direct email which people can report issues to me.

or you can P.M. me on this Forum.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/