VG-99- Artist/song patch requests....

Started by Elantric, February 10, 2008, 09:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brak(E)man

I have request for this sound
it's heard best from 2 min an onwards

btw my favorite cd with Pat Metheny
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

raunchpr

anyone made a Carpenters "Goodbye to Love" patch?

papabuss

Do you mean the guitarsound starting at about 1:30?

FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

aliensporebomb

Quote from: Brak(E)man on April 09, 2014, 04:29:43 AM
it's heard best from 2 min an onwards

btw my favorite cd with Pat Metheny

Try my lush jazz patch and add some delay or ambience to it, that might work.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Bill Ruppert

Wow thank you for posting that, it made my day!
That is Ron Tutt on drums.
He played for Elvis and EVERYBODY in the day.
What a great band all around. Fantastic.

Quote from: papabuss on February 22, 2015, 11:43:57 AM
Do you mean the guitarsound starting at about 1:30?

Brak(E)man

Quote from: aliensporebomb on February 22, 2015, 01:13:34 PM
Try my lush jazz patch and add some delay or ambience to it, that might work.

Your patch is great but there's like a sampled saxophone as well in the Metheny sound, I've tried and got close sort of but not as expressive

Pat Metheny & Ornette Coleman "Kathelin Gray" (Song x)   

it's heard best from 2 min an

And it's from the synclavier guitar I found a very short clip from the song X recording session.
At 42 sec

Also I found an interview there he states that it's a sampled saxophone.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Horvath Gabor

Quote from: Elantric on February 10, 2008, 09:17:24 PM
dead_lizard
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:32 pm   
OK here goes...

Anyone have any hints for getting a good Money For Nothing tone?
Or a nice SRV Little Wing patch?

Now_&_Then
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:39 pm
Can anyone get a good Howard Roberts tone out of the 99?

Now_&_Then
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:44 pm
You know, it might be a good idea to make this thread a sticky, and to ask people to post any patches done by requests from this thread, in a separate thread. I am not sure if that is clearly stated. In other words, I just requested a Howard Roberts patch. If someone makes such a patch, they would then post their "reply" not in this thread in a new thread in the VG-99 Patches subforum. So this thread will contain ONLY patch requests. And a mod could mark each "answered" patch request as being answered.

dead_lizard
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:17 am
I wish to create a patch to recreate Lenny Kravitz's "Are you gonna go my way". I need some help with this. Am at the point where I am about 40% comfortable with my '99. When I finally sold my '88 I feel as though I was at about 90% (never really used the midi side of things, couldn't really see the point if all I could ultimately do with it was change patch parameters).

The plan is this:

* I intend to use a few adjacent patches for different parts of the song. Basically using each pedal as a stomp box. (it is here that I miss the Zoom 8080's reverb/delay overlap function...no cut notes, no jarring transitions). The reason for this is that I also want to recreate the stereo placing of the guitar. (another gripe....stereo amp models could achieve this effect much better, but anyway)

* Amp and distortion pedal....which ones?

* EQ damping for verses to avoid clouding the vocal (perhaps I could assign a pedal)

*Octave pedal for low guitar harmony....real guitar on Right, octave guitar on Left

* Cleanish amp with mono phaser for middle section

* A toggle switch which goes from on to off, (or an approximation of this since the cosm toggle switch does not work in two independent halves like a real Gibson.)

*Perhaps a wah for the solo

Will post what I have got so far when I figure out how to exchange individual patches....

mos6507
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Kravitz is in the "Helden" patch elsewhere on the forums. It doesn't give you the whole song but it's a starting point.

dead_lizard
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject:    Reply with quote
OK here's a couple more....

Beatles: Savoy Truffle solo
Led Zep: Rain Song (studio version)

fxbuff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Craig Chaquico patch request    Reply with quote
Hi guys,
Brand new here, VG99 and Godin xtsa on their way! Can't wait. Would ultimately like to simulate the acoustic style Craig Chaquico sound.
Thanks!
Glen

hausmann
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Has anyone come up with some good Metheny patches yet? I know there's one in the "heroes" library, but it's not quite there yet, at least to my ears. The sound I'm referring to is on "End of the Game," "Are you Going with Me" and countless other tunes. Metheny somehow has this super fluid sound, and a brilliance in the tone without a lot of treble. I've been trying to get the EQ right, but each time, after a few hours, my ears burn out. Just wondering if anyone has nailed it yet. In the meantime, I'll see if I can get any closer.
-Eric

dead_lizard
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Yeah I know what you mean about ear-burnout.

Perhaps what we should do in this case, since we now have UNLIMITED space to store our patches is create four or five variations, which all come pretty close and sound similar to each other. Then next time we come back to it, with fresh ears we can work out which one came closest and then continue to chip away.

Some of these sounds could take weeks or months to nail....

hausmann
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Not a bad idea. I agree, some patches take a long time to tweak to perfection. Which is also a compliment to the VG, having such a vast array of tools and colors to work with. I try to stay focused when I'm editing patches, but it doesn't always work out that way. I change something and it starts going in a completely different direction than originally intended. My focus is no match against my curiosity.
-Eric

Paresh

anyone know if we have a VG-99 patch that sounds something like a jaw harp? Thanks.
paresh

Smash

I'm sure Asle did one - hand on....

Ah-ha!! Here you go buddy:

VG-99 - Jaw's Harp - Wave synths meets phaser
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10959.0

Paresh

paresh

ajnur

Quote from: Elantric on February 10, 2008, 09:17:24 PM
dead_lizard
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:32 pm   
OK here goes...

Anyone have any hints for getting a good Money For Nothing tone?
Or a nice SRV Little Wing patch?

Now_&_Then
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:39 pm
Can anyone get a good Howard Roberts tone out of the 99?

Now_&_Then
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:44 pm
You know, it might be a good idea to make this thread a sticky, and to ask people to post any patches done by requests from this thread, in a separate thread. I am not sure if that is clearly stated. In other words, I just requested a Howard Roberts patch. If someone makes such a patch, they would then post their "reply" not in this thread in a new thread in the VG-99 Patches subforum. So this thread will contain ONLY patch requests. And a mod could mark each "answered" patch request as being answered.

dead_lizard
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:17 am
I wish to create a patch to recreate Lenny Kravitz's "Are you gonna go my way". I need some help with this. Am at the point where I am about 40% comfortable with my '99. When I finally sold my '88 I feel as though I was at about 90% (never really used the midi side of things, couldn't really see the point if all I could ultimately do with it was change patch parameters).

The plan is this:

* I intend to use a few adjacent patches for different parts of the song. Basically using each pedal as a stomp box. (it is here that I miss the Zoom 8080's reverb/delay overlap function...no cut notes, no jarring transitions). The reason for this is that I also want to recreate the stereo placing of the guitar. (another gripe....stereo amp models could achieve this effect much better, but anyway)

* Amp and distortion pedal....which ones?

* EQ damping for verses to avoid clouding the vocal (perhaps I could assign a pedal)

*Octave pedal for low guitar harmony....real guitar on Right, octave guitar on Left

* Cleanish amp with mono phaser for middle section

* A toggle switch which goes from on to off, (or an approximation of this since the cosm toggle switch does not work in two independent halves like a real Gibson.)

*Perhaps a wah for the solo

Will post what I have got so far when I figure out how to exchange individual patches....

mos6507
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Kravitz is in the "Helden" patch elsewhere on the forums. It doesn't give you the whole song but it's a starting point.

dead_lizard
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject:    Reply with quote
OK here's a couple more....

Beatles: Savoy Truffle solo
Led Zep: Rain Song (studio version)

fxbuff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Craig Chaquico patch request    Reply with quote
Hi guys,
Brand new here, VG99 and Godin xtsa on their way! Can't wait. Would ultimately like to simulate the acoustic style Craig Chaquico sound.
Thanks!
Glen

hausmann
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Has anyone come up with some good Metheny patches yet? I know there's one in the "heroes" library, but it's not quite there yet, at least to my ears. The sound I'm referring to is on "End of the Game," "Are you Going with Me" and countless other tunes. Metheny somehow has this super fluid sound, and a brilliance in the tone without a lot of treble. I've been trying to get the EQ right, but each time, after a few hours, my ears burn out. Just wondering if anyone has nailed it yet. In the meantime, I'll see if I can get any closer.
-Eric

dead_lizard
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Yeah I know what you mean about ear-burnout.

Perhaps what we should do in this case, since we now have UNLIMITED space to store our patches is create four or five variations, which all come pretty close and sound similar to each other. Then next time we come back to it, with fresh ears we can work out which one came closest and then continue to chip away.

Some of these sounds could take weeks or months to nail....

hausmann
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject:    Reply with quote
Not a bad idea. I agree, some patches take a long time to tweak to perfection. Which is also a compliment to the VG, having such a vast array of tools and colors to work with. I try to stay focused when I'm editing patches, but it doesn't always work out that way. I change something and it starts going in a completely different direction than originally intended. My focus is no match against my curiosity.
-Eric

vleydan

Hello everyone!
I'm searching a good patch for the solo in Like Show Me How To Live, by Audioslave.  I know that, there is a step phaser involved, but I'm unable to combine the result in a good way. I'd be honored to have your help once again.
Thank you :)