Katana on side

Started by matt_uk, February 03, 2018, 08:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt_uk

I've read a lot from this forum and it's a great source of info and part of the reason we opted for the Boss Katana.

We've just had a 100 which is a big upgrade for us from a much smaller cube amp. Unfortunately even though I took a tape measure to it's new home before purchase it doesn't quite go allowing for the space behind for the air to move. I wondered if there was any reason the amp couldn't be put on it's side on a bit of acoustic foam or the like? It's never going to go past the 50W setting in that position. My concern is with component cooling but knowing nothing about electric string thought I'd check before giving it a go.

Any advice?

matt_uk

Wow ... I didn't expect this to be a remotely difficult question. Guess I'll have to approach BOSS directly.

gumbo

....hang in there Matt..
...it's only been a couple of days and a lot of us live on the other side of the globe where other things may be temporarily predominant...

;D
HTH
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

gumtown

I can't see any issue with the Katana on it's side,
so long as the back panel is not completely blocking convectional air flow.

Accessing the controls may be a little awkward though.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Alathea_Squared

I play in a small room in my basement and I have my katana 100 on its face on an amp stand aiming down. Front facing controls now, and since my stand is not a shelf, but just two prong feet, both the 'top' (front) and back are open to the air for resonance and cooling.
"'Cause no matter where you go, there you are."