SY-300- Stranger things patch request

Started by Sirkreuab, February 05, 2018, 03:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirkreuab

Can anyone do a stranger things patch ?
The 300 should be perfect for this
I've seen several YouTube vids where people are using several pedals

I don't know much about filter sweeps and the expression pedal but I'm sure I could figure out the sequencer

We should totally do this cmon guys

JiveTurkey

Agreed completely.

I love the SY. This is my second go round with it and it is such a killer box. That being said; the Synth9 has some great sounds at just a few twists of a knob(s). I just didn't trust the pedal at all as the one I had was defective and it went back.

The SY benefits from being deep, but it is not a unit that you just jump in and create your dream tones from the get go. For as long as I have been using guitar synth gear; my knowledge of tone creation is woeful  :-[ :'(

As much paid preset stuff for digital devices there is, floating around the net; the SY is a device that is RIPE for that service imo.

ElliotG

Not perfect, but here is a start on the arpeggio part. 

Hit a C note (C3, 6th string 8th fret) and press CTL1 this will hold the OSC1/2 and keep the arpeggio running.  I'm using the wave control to sweep a low pass filter on the OSC.  The wave CTL for the filter on OSC1 and OSC2 are not synchronized, this is not a problem, just an observation.

The sound is a little too bright, the I think the filter needs some work.  I'm done with this for tonight.... better than nothing ;)

Next steps... work the filter, then see if I can get the bass drum using OSC 3.

Feedback & recommendations welcomed... feel free to pick this up and improve it or add some of the other sounds from the Stranger Things intro.

JiveTurkey

That sounds excellent, Elliot! Biggest problem with the SY is that it is just too deep for most people. Myself firmly included 8) Great work and feel free to share anything else you come up with! Many thanks!

colan