ear buds/in ear phone suggestions?

Started by Paresh, April 24, 2016, 10:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paresh

I'm doing some research & it seems like in ear phones are better fidelity than ear buds, if you get the right fit. Any suggestions on good ones, or even very light headphones? I'm willing to pay $100+ but don't know when it's overkill & exceeds the capability of the tablet...also any thoughts or solutions to minimize cord tangling & microphonics? Thank you!
paresh

Elantric

sixeight

I am very happy with my Sound magic E10's.

Now_And_Then

I have been using a set of TDK eb950's for quite a while now. Pretty happy with them. The last pair I bought was about $35 or so.

Here's a good place to look for potential purchases: http://www.innerfidelity.com/reviews

I have to mention Koss SportaPro: very inexpensive and extremely lightweight set of headphones that manages to maintain the balances between the instruments pretty well. About $23. I used to take my mixes and walk around the city with these, and was very happy with the results. The Koss Porta Pro sounds better and costs just a bit more although it does not have the headband that can be worn either over the head or in back of the head. Note that these two Koss items are not audiophile-grade gear but they sound very good for the price and in view of the price you won't feel bad subjecting them to the rigors of outdoor use.

Paresh

Thanks for the tips. One question - are IEM's the same as (or interchangeable with) in-ear phones? I'm thinking of how reference monitor speakers are different from stereo speakers.
paresh