Antares Internal DSP Luthier Kit

Started by Elantric, January 14, 2015, 12:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

utensil

Quote from: Majiken on October 11, 2016, 12:32:47 AM
Latest news: I got Henrik and Alasdair from Free-way in direct contact with each other and the 3x3 05 Ultra switch will work! Alasdair is making a wiring plan, and the luthier kit is on order :-).

Henrik agreed with me that parallel wiring of the ATG and internal GK3 kits should be possible by splitting the hex signal right after the pickup. The issue is making robust connections with the flyspeck wires; I'll look with my wiring guru* at the direct possibility when the kit comes in. This means of course that both paths would be completely independent of each other, ie. no ATG-modeled signal going into the GK3.

* I've reported elsewhere about my 13-pin tribulations with my Godin LGX-T; with Gumbo's (Peter) advice and Synth-Linx jack and my guru's skills it has recently been rewired and works like a charm! I will tell the story with pics as soon as I can figure out how to do that link thing that worked in Snapagogo but doesn't show up for me in Google pics (yet).  Ah, modern technology.....

Hey if you get the wiring plan would be great if you can post it, I made a wiring diagram for the freeway Ultra (is posted earlier in this thread) but I have not actually started my install due to various factors (mostly laziness and not feeling like cleaning up routing mess in my apartment) so can't confirm it's correct.  Would be nice to have the "official" pro diagram from freeway themselves.

whippinpost91850

Wow sounds great will be following your journey

whippinpost91850

Peter that's good to know I'll be contacting you soon, Paul

Majiken

Quote from: utensil on October 11, 2016, 05:34:22 AM
Hey if you get the wiring plan would be great if you can post it, I made a wiring diagram for the freeway Ultra (is posted earlier in this thread) but I have not actually started my install due to various factors (mostly laziness and not feeling like cleaning up routing mess in my apartment) so can't confirm it's correct.  Would be nice to have the "official" pro diagram from freeway themselves.

Hey Utensil, will do!  I see you have a Les Paul setup too... what I can tell you upfront is that the switch configuration will look like this:

Switch setting     Mag                            Model
1                       Neck HB                       Neck
2                       Neck & Bridge HB          Middle
3                       Bridge HB                     Bridge
4                       Neck SC                       Neck & Middle
5                       Neck & Bridge SC          Middle
6                       Bridge SC                     Bridge & Middle

As you can see, modeled position 5 is redundant with 2, but I should be able to live with that- would have liked it to have been all pickups together for the lipsticks or strat, but it's not in the software (yet).

Best, Kenny
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

gumbo

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on October 11, 2016, 06:50:31 AM
Peter that's good to know I'll be contacting you soon, Paul

No problems, whenever you get to it..   Take care & remember to breathe  ;)

Essentially I can do a sort of 'double-adaptor' that you can plug a pickup cable into (this can be 8-pin 1.5mm OR 2.0mm pitch depending upon pickup)..you can then decide how long you want each of the two connector cables to be, and what if necessary 1.5 AND/OR 2.0 multiplugs you need on their ends, AND/OR whether you just need fly-leads to solder to something else.

Experience so far has shown that (mostly) everyone's requirements have been different in this regard according to the individual application....no clear absolute 'standard' has emerged so far..   ::)

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

whippinpost91850

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: utensil on October 11, 2016, 05:34:22 AM

Sorry for the necropost, but I'm curious if Utensil ever finished his ATG installation with Freeway switch and what the outcome was.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

utensil

Hey no unfortunately job , moving and rest of life got in the way. All my parts are in boxes for now. The little time goes on playing which doesn't happen as much as I'd like either.  I intend to get back to it but not sure when , I'll definitely post if I start on it.