VG99 - Led Zeppelin The Rain Song + Mellotron

Started by Antonuzzo, February 02, 2018, 02:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antonuzzo

There's a lot going on in this one. It's designed to work with an expression pedal and a switch pedal on CTL3.

Start with the expression pedal open - that just gives you the acoustic guitar. After the first chord, close the pedal up, which brings in the Danelectro.

If you're nimble, you can use the D-Beam to do the semitone slide.

The CTL3 pedal switches channel A from acoustic to a Mellotron side. The VG99 has a slight delay on this, so you'll need to fiddle with your timing.

If you're going to mod this for the FC-300, I'd suggest using the second expression pedal to switch the model on A, and double-assigning the switch to turn on MOD1 and MOD2.

EricP1954

Thank you for uploading this patch, I intend to try it out soon and set this up for the FC-300.

I will play around with the patch and probably come back to ask you a few questions.

mooncaine

Gotta admit, I am goofing off during a lull at work today (remotely, from home). Can't wait to try this after quitting time! Moonie likes mellotron sounds.

At least I can open it in the editor without needing a VG-99 powered up and connected. I have read that it's not possible with the SY1000, which is a low down dirty shame.