Firehawk 1500

Started by Elantric, January 21, 2016, 01:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/firehawk-1500/firehawk-1500-and-midi-cc-r860

Firehawk 1500 v1.30.0 now responds to individual incoming midi to control various effect block bypass controls, expression pedal values, or triggers virtual foot switches (like FBV3). Prior to this, Firehawk 1500 previously only responded to and sent out program change messages. All MIDI control is thru the MIDI DIN ports only, no MIDI over USB functionality has been implemented. Here's the updated reference chart.

Firehawk 1500 Flash Memory 1.30 is a free update that includes new fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations.

IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE INSTALLING ANY NEW SOFTWARE!

1. Shut down all Line 6 software as well as any software that streams audio, including, but not limited to: iTunes, Spotify, DAWs, etc.

2. Back up any presets using the Firehawk Remote App before performing the update.

New Features
Block Bypass, Expression controllers, and Looper functions can now be triggered by incoming MIDI CCs (MIDI DIN only). Please see the following KB article for more information: http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/firehawk-1500/firehawk-1500-and-midi-cc-r860
XLR output volume can now be adjusted from Live Edit Mode. This was implemented to avoid clipping the ADC prematurely. It is set to -15dB by default, to provide adequate headroom for mid to high gain tones.
To edit the XLR output volume:

1. Press the preset knob to enter Live Edit Mode.

2. Scroll left to "Etc:ReAmp/MIDI/Main" and press the preset knob.

3. Scroll right to "Etc:XLR Out"

4. Turn the Main (Big) Knob to set the value.

Bug Fixes
Various bug fixes and improvements
Compatible OS: Mac OS X, Windows 7, Mac OS Mountain Lion, Windows 8, Mac OS Mavericks, Mac OS Yosemite, iOS 8, Windows 10, Mac OS El Capitan, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave

bcbeak

I loved the FH 1500, and used it for a few months for the GR55, as well as electric guitar, acoustic guitar, fiddle and pedal steel guitar.
The app was great for creating custom settings for each instrument. One drawback for me however was the latency in switching patches.
Sometimes the app would need to be re-connected, then finding the right patch and pulling it up would take forever .. in gig time.

This was a minor nuisance. In the final analysis .. I sold the amp because it was too heavy for me. I could not physically lift it up into my SUV
inside a rolling tour case, without the help of a band mate, (who are not always around before and after gigs). Even by itself, the weight and
dimensions of this amp were just too much for me. The GR55 does shine with this amp for both guitar and synth sounds. Just wish it was lighter.

I have moved on to using a Boss Katana, which has some good EQ capabilities for guitar, synth and acoustic .. at a fraction of the weight and cost
of the FH1500.
Country Musician:
Pedal Steel Guitar, Fiddle, Banjo, GR55

Elantric

Quote from: bcbeak on December 20, 2017, 08:30:22 AM
I loved the FH 1500, and used it for a few months for the GR55, as well as electric guitar, acoustic guitar, fiddle and pedal steel guitar.
The app was great for creating custom settings for each instrument. One drawback for me however was the latency in switching patches.
Sometimes the app would need to be re-connected, then finding the right patch and pulling it up would take forever .. in gig time.

This was a minor nuisance. In the final analysis .. I sold the amp because it was too heavy for me. I could not physically lift it up into my SUV
inside a rolling tour case, without the help of a band mate, (who are not always around before and after gigs). Even by itself, the weight and
dimensions of this amp were just too much for me. The GR55 does shine with this amp for both guitar and synth sounds. Just wish it was lighter.

I have moved on to using a Boss Katana, which has some good EQ capabilities for guitar, synth and acoustic .. at a fraction of the weight and cost
of the FH1500.

Matched my FH1500 experience ;)