SY-300 Bass - any1 here?

Started by Anemic_Slug, July 27, 2018, 11:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anemic_Slug

I am interested in trading some patches and seeing what others are creating for use in a pop top 40 band situation. Let me know if you are lurking..

gumtown

Hi,
There are many lurkers here, but probably not as many bass player SY-300 users as there should be.
(or at least that I know of)
Welcome to VGuitars Forum.  ;D

Once you get only a few posts notched up, you will be able post your patches as a file attachment here.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Anemic_Slug

Yeah so far it's been a great pedal. I know the bass world loves the Future Impact, however I find that the programming on the SY is easy and because it has an internal blender really helps with not being lost in the mix. So most of my patches are either straight effects, to slim down the board a little, and some organ sounds. Well we will see if the lurkers make their way out fo hiding.  8)

Erik B

Hi,

Bass player here !
however I,m more into ambient sounds created with bass and SY 300 :)

uxfever

Yup! I'm here, got my sy-300 a week ago. Downloaded every patch i could get my hands on. Found some that got great potential after some tweaking.

This blue box is inpiring. I got quite some great ideas and will be sharing patches in the future.

Anyone has some tips on tweaking the input settings on this thing to get a shorter attack time on the osc's?

Greetings,

Hans

ElliotG

Quote from: uxfever on November 19, 2018, 11:54:14 AM
Anyone has some tips on tweaking the input settings on this thing to get a shorter attack time on the osc's?
Adjust the input settings to ensure your getting a good level of signal.  You can also turn on the input compressor.  I do not expect a significant impact to attack time from these changes. 

To get a shorter attack time on the OSC, ensure the value of the AMP ENV ATTACK in the FILTER/AMP settings is from 0 - 50.  Negative values lengthen the attack.  Positive values shorten the decay.

uxfever

Thanks ElliotG!

I also experimented with the limiter in combination with the Noise Suppressor to get "cleaner" sounds out of the blue box of wonders.

Together with your tips (especially the AMP ENV ATTACK and compressor settings) i got a nice clean tone! Thank you!

Working with the box for about 2 weeks now, Loads of fun! (my next trip will be experimenting with the LFO and using the wave to change the time on that.

Have any of you experienced unwanted "holds" on the osc while doing that? Kinda strange...

Greetings,

Hans

ElliotG

I've never experienced any unwanted holds on the Osc.   

I'd be willing to try it if you post a patch that exhibits that behavior.

uxfever

Thanks ElliotG, i discovered that there was still one CTL setting doing the hold,...   ::)

Wanderingandroid

I have a lot of issues with unwanted holds. I'm still working my way around all the settings.
Another issue I seem to encounter is not getting a clean definition when I'm playing fast. I tend to lose some notes.