Antares ATG-1 DSP Guitar Modeler / Alt Tune / AutoTune

Started by Elantric, November 05, 2012, 10:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whippinpost91850

Going to do this MOD to my ATG-1 this weekend.

Now here is where I miss the jack switch from my FCB1010

mooncaine

Wow, your mod looks great. The lettering looks like a good match. Your pedalboard's got more colors than the images I see of them online. Did you do that? Anyway, looks nice and logical, having the contrasting colors on the pedals.

admin

heres pic that depicts the Antares  ATG-1 DSP Guitar Modeler  /  Floor board  size

Piing

So, this toy has been around since 2012 and I haven't discovered it until today?  ??? ??? ??? LOL

I went to the Antares web and it says that the product is discontinued an bla bla blah... It is still on sale on ebay.

Do you think it is still worth to buy it? I already own a VG-99, GP10 and Axe-FX III. I am wondering what can it add, in terms of guitar modeling.

vanceg

Quote from: Piing on December 21, 2018, 12:29:14 AM
So, this toy has been around since 2012 and I haven't discovered it until today?  ??? ??? ??? LOL

I went to the Antares web and it says that the product is discontinued an bla bla blah... It is still on sale on ebay.

Do you think it is still worth to buy it? I already own a VG-99, GP10 and Axe-FX III. I am wondering what can it add, in terms of guitar modeling.

Well, in terms of Modelling, it's got some of the best pickup emulation out there (arguable, I'm sure, but I'm not the only one who belives this).  It's acoustic sounds are considerably more "realistic" than the VG-99.  So those are both positives. It's nowhere near as flexible as a VG-99.  The pitch shifting/alternate tunings I strongly belive are the best that have been created for guitar so far.  Really, really great.