Which version of Workbench do I need?

Started by markus765, January 23, 2016, 07:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markus765

Hi All, I'm slowly gathering all that I need for my new-to-me Variax 500. I realize this is a very old guitar, and many updates and newer versions have come out. To recap what I have & what I hope to accomplish: I bought a used Variax 500, and found it wasn't properly working. I was only getting a few of the models, so I ordered an new selector switch. I started doing some reading, and it seems that if I'm getting sounds, the probability is that the computer stuff is working. The suggestion is to re-install/refresh the firmware. Ok, here's the dumb question of the night: How do I do that? Which version of Workbench do I download onto my computer? I have a new cable, and a POD XT Live on the way (thnx whippinpost!), so I think I'll have what I need to plug into the computer. Any advice is appreciated. At first, all I want to do is reset everything to how it originally came, and play with the guitar, to see what it can do.

Elantric

Variax 500 is only compatible with "Workbench"

Avoid "Workbench HD"

markus765

Ok, you can call me stupid, but I cannot find the Workbench download on the Line 6 website. Help!

Nevermind....found it.....