Variax Standard/JTV with sustainer?

Started by relayerxxx, September 19, 2015, 10:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

relayerxxx

Does anybody have any idea how feasible it would be to fit a sustainer driver (Fernandes or Sustainiac) to a Variax Standard or JTV? Obviously possible in theory because of the magnetic pickups, but would it be something a normal guitar tech could do?

Elantric

Most repair shops shy away from that type installation because:

* not every electric Guitar Repair bench tech does wood routing

* It will void the Line-6 warranty. I own several Variax's and I repair guitars, but every Variax I own has had to have some exotic broken Variax component fixed and repaired or replaced  by Line-6 within the first 18 months of ownership under warranty

I was real lucky they repaired my JTV-59 defective PU selector under warranty , despite the presence of a Bigsgy B7

A bit unethical , but I also know many folks who buy Variax for the DSP electronics, gut the Line-6 guitar and store it for 3years, while they build a new custom guitar with VariaxDSP + Sustainac + wireless system -and then if the Variax parts break -they pull them out and re-install back in the Line-6 guitar to seek warranty repair.

Consider the Antares ATG DSP luthier kit at $299 and install with Sustainiac in the guitar you prefer

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13462.0

relayerxxx

Very interesting and useful reply as usual - thanks Elantric.