GT-100 - SYSTEM ERROR 1, 1612760308

Started by timestop, November 04, 2017, 09:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timestop

Hello. I'm Fabrizio from Italy and I purchased a new Boss GT100 v.2.11 the last week to use it with my ROLAND GR55. I studied it for two days and set the GR55 to change gt100 patches via midi cable. While working on gr55 I had this message on the gt100:
SYSTEM ERROR 1,  1612760308
To restart the pedalboard I had to unplug power...
I searched for it on internet but it seems I am the first having this error!  :-[
Yesterday, while gigging I had the same error again.
I'm not sure bat maybe it happens while using the gr55 wheel to change patch.
Any ideas? Someone had any system error on this pedalboard?
Thanks to all...

piriolirio

Hi Fabrizio, I'm italian like you but let's talk in English so everybody can understand. I have the same problem with GR-55 and GT100, midi connected with GR-55 as master. The error occurs when GR-55 is on user patch 001 and I switch with the GK buttons to go one patch back. The GR-55 goes in the last patch in the preset bank and the GP-100 displays the error. The only solution is to hard power off the  GT100 unplugging the power supply. I've searched on the internet but I did't find how to solve this problem.
Antonio

timestop

Yes. Thanks.
I also use the GR55 as master for the GT100 patch change so yesterday I tried this: starting with one of the first patches in the gr 55, using its wheel I tried scanning forwards all USER patches and I also found that if you go beyond a certain patch (I have not yet annotated which), the GT100 has another problem: restarts alone !!!
So I think that these are firmware BUGS (unmanaged midi errors in the GT100 software).

I have Firmware 2.11 and you?

Would be interesting to know if other users with previous firmwares have the same issues.

admin

I suspect the issue revolves around the fact the GR-55 ( via MIDI Bank Change and MIDI Program change commands ) has more addressable patch locations , compared to the GT-100

Apparently the GT-100 locks up ( - SYSTEM ERROR 1,  1612760308) if its sent MIDI Bank Change and MIDI Program change commands  that are Outside and beyond its own  available addressable MIDI Patch locations.

the Solution is avoid sending MIDI Bank Change and MIDI Program change commands  that are Outside and beyond the GT-100's  available addressable MIDI Patch locations.   

And (as always)  contact Roland Support , to make them aware of this situation so they can address this  - perhaps with a firmware update to the GT-100

Reference:

GT-100 V2 MIDI Implementation
http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-100_v2_GT-001_MI.pdf

GR-55 MIDI Implementation
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3348.0;attach=10864

piriolirio

The firmware version in my GT-100 is 2.10. Yes, the error occurs when the unit receives a program change that is outside the range, but of course, this is a firmware bug and must be corrected by Roland/Boss. In the meantime I suggest, when playing gigs, to store your favorite patches in the user area of the GR-55 from bank 003 avoiding the first 2 banks. So, if you "rewind" fast, maybe you'll stop in time without causing the error. For the same reason, don't use banks beyond 063.

timestop

Finally I made a short video to show the bug in action....  :(

Mrchevy

Might I suggest using the GT100 to make your patch changes instead of the GR55. Just reverse your midi cable connections...GT100 midi out to GR55 midi in. I'm not sure if this would cause a problem such as what your having but the GR55 has 3 patches per bank, and the GT100 has 4 so perhaps in the most simplest terms your asking the GT100 to go to a negative number in its patch banks?

I use the 2 together also but have never had this problem. The other reason I suggest this is because the GT100 has more CTL abilities by it self and also the ability to add additional CTL/PEDALS, all of which gives you additional CTL abilities for the GR55 which the GR55 is limited compared to the GT100. I can change anything in the GR55 while playing, with a CTL pedal on the GT100 which frees up the 1 and only CTL pedal on the GR55.

I made this video tutorial a couple of years ago on setting up midi mapping between the 2. It may address the problem your having and you may find that this may work better for you also. I think what your doing is just syncing the patches and maybe trying to go beyond a certain patch or bank parameter in the GT100. This video shows you how to use the GT100 as the MASTER and the GR55 as the SLAVE which would make more sense, Since the GT100 has more control capabilities. Check it out and let us know how it works. Also by doing it this way, you dont have to set up the same patch in the GR55 in multiple locations to sync to any of the patches in the GT100. You just point (map), any patch in the GT100 to the one you want in the GR55. This way also lets you set up different CTL and ASSIGNS in each patch of the GT100 for the same patch in the GR55.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones