How to Assign an Effect to the FC-300 Pedal

Started by icefan, September 03, 2015, 09:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icefan

I know this should be the easiest thing, but I can't find the information on this.  How do you assign an effect to the FC-300 foot controller so that you can turn on/off that particular effect using the FC-300?

BBach

It depends on the gear that has the effect you are trying to control. In general,many units have a wet/dry(effect amount) parameter that can be controlled via midi control change. Usually, the parameter has a default control change number assigned to it that may be able to be reassigned to another control change number(CC#). The FC 300 has three modes, all of which (I think) are capable of assigning CC#s to be sent from one of the control pedals. If you,for instance, the patch has the amount of effect you want when the effect is active, you can assign an FC300 control pedal to send the CC# with a value of zero to control the wet/dry balance. If you assign the control pedal to be in the latch mode, the pedal should toggle between no effect and % effect saved with the patch. I forget if the control pedal sends two separate values for on and off, or the pedal only sends one value and the effect amount reverts to the value originally saved for the effect. You'll have to experiment. I know that some units have default CC#s assigned to reverb and chorus and that those CC#s are registered in the midi spec for that purpose. Of course , make sure the midi channels of the FC 300 and the receiving unit match.

BBach

Just checked the manual. There is a range parameter which has a minimum and maximum. The latch mode will toggle between the min and the max.

Brent Flash

Since you are posting in the VG-99 forum I am assuming that you are wanting to assign effects in the VG-99.

Go to CONTROL ASSIGN on the VG-99, page over to page 5 (this is where the FC300 controllers start) and set your target for each controller per patch.