Previous topic - Next topic

aliensporebomb

! No longer available

! No longer available

! No longer available

! No longer available

! No longer available

! No longer available

Weirdly, I had a small group to start and a fairly large crowd by the end.  But, the PA was so good and the air conditioning and lighting were such that people could totally relax. 

Rich Wielgosz, the engineer from Utica, New York was in the audience and recorded the proceedings with his portable audio recorder and I used the audio from that when putting the videos together.  They're not pro shot videos, on the contrary but they give you an idea of what was happening.

This ended up being a pretty cool little show.  I had a lot of fun and encountered people I didn't expect to see including the daughter of a guy I knew many years ago plus another guy who saw one of my rock bands 20 years ago and apparently had been following my career such as it is.

Anyway, check it out.

Gear: Me: VG-99, FC-300, RC-300, Strymon Big Sky (mostly for big long stretched reverbs in spots).
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Headless68

Cool stuff - I recognise some of the 99 patches (thanks again for sharing! )  - also good to see that your table was a bit closer this time :-p

Headless68

Out of interest do you drop the reverb on the 99 and use the strymon instead or are you combining both ?

aliensporebomb

Generally I could do a whole show without the Big Sky (and have) but I mostly use the reverb onboard the 99 and the Big Sky got used for tunes like "QuiEtude" where you can hear textures hanging on a long time and looped towards the middle and end of the tune.  I used a little plate reverb at the intro to cloudscapes so the VG-99 reverb gets smeared into the BigSky reverb creating a strange impressionistic texture.  But mostly it got used for subtle touches here and there.

And yes, lots of patches got used that I've uploaded here (and others too!) and some new ones not uploaded here yet.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

chrish

Super awesome! Have you thought about sending that tape to the Ambicon folks? I could definitely see that set working great at that show. Dark Room, colors of light and ambient music. Beam me up! ;)

Smash

You definitely got this ambient build stuff nailed!

Patches???

slooky

rolandvg99

To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner