Good news for GK 13 pin users

Started by highlandsrock, September 11, 2017, 09:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanceg

I suspect you are right Alex.  Likely not a VG-100.  If there is, I'll be a HAPPY monkey's uncle.  But imagine if Roland actually released a VG-100 without consulting with any of the resources on this list.  That would be... silly. 

For flexability and the ability to program really far-out processing schemes, I'm working on some hexaphonic processing algorithms for the new Eventide H9000... that might EVENTUALLY be of some interest to you...but it'll be a while.  I guess we can always hope Roland surprises us.

Elantric

QuoteI suspect you are right Alex.  Likely not a VG-100.  If there is, I'll be a HAPPY monkey's uncle.  But imagine if Roland actually released a VG-100 without consulting with any of the resources on this list.  That would be... silly. 

I expect to remain clueless as to what Roland / Boss will release in the future

so more of the same

Rhcole

My bet is on no new 13 pin anything, maybe something with hex already incorporated, an upgrade for the FTP, etc.
Would love to be wrong on the first part of my bet.  :(

Smash

Agreed - no new hex, or at least no super VG unit.

gumtown

A Boss Firmware editor for all their past discontinued products,
so all old gear can have the latest COSM,
and modify/build your own COSM effects.

Would be nice if the GR-55 could receive/play midi note.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

chrish

I don't think there's going to be a vg-99 replacement product until Roland figures out how to digitally model acoustic instruments.

In the meantime I could go for one of those 6 channel analog processors, while I'm waiting for the gr 300 clone, and while everybody's waiting  until 2030 for digitally modeled acoustic instrument technology to arrive.

Might not be 13 pin. But I won't care cuz I'll be in a rocking chair. :D

admin

Quote from: Elantric on October 02, 2017, 02:05:15 PMI just returned from the LA Amp Show and had a good "pow wow" meeting with Jeff Slingluff (Strategic Project Manager for BOSS and Roland Guitar Products) and the whole Roland / Boss US Guitar product team.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=21869.msg157707;topicseen#msg157707
I got confirmation the GK 13 pin interface is NOT dead, and future GK products are in the works

Sad to inform I just heard Roland/Boss Guitar Project Manager Jeff Slingluff has passed away -he had his roots in music industry going back to the 1980s with the Alesis ADAT recorder, and joined Line-6 and worked there 15 years prior to joining Roland/Boss in 2016.

Bill Ruppert

Quote from: admin on September 12, 2022, 11:01:26 AMSad to inform I just heard Roland/Boss Guitar Project Manager Jeff Slingluff has passed away -he had his roots in music industry going back to the 1980s with the Alesis ADAT recorder, and joined Line-6 and worked there 15 years prior to joining Roland/Boss in 2016.

This is terrible news. Jeff help me out a few years back when Roland/Boss was shut down due to covid.
Now at 55 years old, he passed from COVID.
Just to sad.
Life is so fragile. I am shocked.

Get your vaccine and boosters, folks. There is a new one, and I got mine today.

aliensporebomb

Very sad.  After reading numerous posts it seemed like he helped out a lot of people and was a heck of a guy for the various businesses he worked in.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.