SY-300 - Need a certain sound?

Started by Belewguitar, July 01, 2016, 03:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belewguitar

I'll try and help you make a sound that you need!!! I'm trying to get really good at programming this thing, so that would help!! Let me know if you have any ideas!
NO my guitar isn't broken, its just missing its head.

kinkyroy

Rhcole

Hmmm...

Did you see my Electric Piano Challenge posting?

kinkyroy

Elantric

Quoteso? can you give me tsl ?

search Rhcole's posts
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=721

there is a lot of teasing about SY-300 Electric Piano patches  - but nothing posted yet
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18589.msg132442#msg132442
QuoteAnyway, I have made and deleted a few electric pianos from my system. The problem as I see it is that you can get pretty good lead or mono voices, but the poly voices when set to an epiano sound tend to shred and sound bad. I presently have an epiano that just doesn't stand up well next to EHX's Key9. That's my standard of comparison.

gumtown

The synth bass tones are obtainable,
but I think you will get best results starting off with an actual bass rather than a guitar.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Rhcole

Elantric,

No EP patches posted yet because Quality Control rejected them and sent them back to engineering.

A few of the testers died horribly, it was an awful scene. Covered up appropriately, pay no attention to what you read on CNN.

Belewguitar

Tonemasterus

What about the synth in the cars song "let's go" or "just what I needed"?

Brak(E)man

Pat Metheny's signature Gr300 sound with octave rise and a possible 5th voice
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

kinkyroy

Quote from: Belewguitar on July 07, 2016, 11:16:56 PM
I think it's close.

Its nice thanks. however i need more wah kindya feel like. with the tone of the bass and the bass feeling sound like octaver pedal, I cleaned the sound little and for some reason I didnt found how to make it more wah moog feel wet

can you help me with this ?

R

Belewguitar

Hey KR, I'm sorry i've been away. I'll try and mess with this. To my knowledge he's using an envelope at the beginning of the sound, the other thing I think this patch has going on is glide, which makes it very legato and it almost seems as if its swelling into the next note...
I'll try again!!

jerryfie

Hi everybody, just got a SY-300 from Roland Canada to test out, wondering if there is a nice Geddy Lee-type Jazz Bass patch that would work on the entire six strings without dying out on the highs! Driving this with a Gibson SG. Thanks :)

Scurry

I need more like the Dripstone factory patch!

baga

Hi ther! I have some questions and I would like to call for help:
1. How could I achieve a good 8 bit/chiptune sound like this?
2. How could I achieve a good theremin sound?
3. Here's a little part of a synth sound from an original I'm trying to reproduce on the pedal. https://clyp.it/h3daxesa
Back when me and my band recorded it in studio, we used an old Fender synth, but I'm pretty sure I can achieve something similar on the SY, but I have no idea of how!
Thanks in advance and sorry for all these requests!  :o

bsd

Quote from: Belewguitar on July 01, 2016, 03:44:30 PM
I'll try and help you make a sound that you need!!! I'm trying to get really good at programming this thing, so that would help!! Let me know if you have any ideas!

Would love to get something close to this sound at 2m30s in:

https://youtu.be/ScJvQhWL7Lg?t=2m20s

Witness

Want to try and tackle this one?

Looking for the bass sound after 1:30

nobo

simple (but fat, large band) Auto-wha pleaaaase :)

Belewguitar

AAAAAANNNNNNDDDD I'm back.
Sorry music school has been quite time consuming. I'll start working these out!

Sirkreuab

I would like to add a second vote for a good chiptune sound
Been trying to make a good classic Nintendo sound also anamanaguchi has some great tracks that ground is lava song was very cool

Endless fantasy is probably my fav chiptune album ever

Wetterstein

Hi! Yes would be nice if you can programm the sound of a Sitar....Thanx and greetings Hary   (wetterstein@hary.at)

mariomacc

A rickenbaker 360 12 strings would be very appreciated  ;D

thx

Rhcole

QuoteYes would be nice if you can programm the sound of a Sitar.

QuoteA rickenbaker 360 12 strings would be very appreciated  ;D

You need a GP-10 and a hex guitar.  :-\

soufedj

I would like to know  if it is possible to get a Clavinet clean sound, or Rhodes/ Wurlitzer?

Also, the sound of the synth in this song:

Thanks

Rhcole

No on the Clavinet and Rhodes. Yes on the synth in the song, maybe start with a Triangle wave.