Boss GT-Pro - PRE LOOP.

Started by Kenni, January 17, 2018, 09:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenni

Hi there, everyone!

I've pulled out my old GT-Pro and while reading through the manual I discovered something I wan't aware of.
I read that the GT-Pro has a PRE LOOP feature, where you can connect effects like Overdrive, Distortion, etc. Basically effects that will come before the preamp - hence the PRE, I assume.

Well, I have a question then.. I've hook'd up an overdrive pedal to the PRE LOOP and the way of connecting it goes like this:
Pedal Input to SEND on the PRE LOOP & Pedal Out to RETURN on the PRE LOOP. That should be correct, right? :)

Another one.. I can't seem to find any place to adjust settings of the PRE LOOP... The manual says nothing.. Are there any, or?
Anyone how know more about this?

Thanks!
Cheers!
Kenni.

admin

Quote from: Kenni on January 17, 2018, 09:55:04 AM
Hi there, everyone!

I've pulled out my old GT-Pro and while reading through the manual I discovered something I wan't aware of.
I read that the GT-Pro has a PRE LOOP feature, where you can connect effects like Overdrive, Distortion, etc. Basically effects that will come before the preamp - hence the PRE, I assume.

Well, I have a question then.. I've hook'd up an overdrive pedal to the PRE LOOP and the way of connecting it goes like this:
Pedal Input to SEND on the PRE LOOP & Pedal Out to RETURN on the PRE LOOP. That should be correct, right? :)

Another one.. I can't seem to find any place to adjust settings of the PRE LOOP... The manual says nothing.. Are there any, or?
Anyone how know more about this?

Thanks!
Cheers!
Kenni.

rtm
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-PRO_OM.pdf

I understand the GT-PRO's "Pre-Loop" is fixed -10dB Level - no gain controls

See Page 53

PRE LOOP
You can connect an external effects processor to the PRE
LOOP SEND/RETURN jacks and use it as one of the GTPRO's
effects.
This is convenient when you want to have distortion, wah, or
other external effects processors connected ahead of the
effects chain (p. 22).
Switch PRE LOOP on and off by pressing [PRE LOOP].
• You cannot change the connection sequence in PRE
LOOP. Effects are always connected ahead of the front
panel INPUT LEVEL knob.
• Guitar synths, the Harmonist effect, and other effects
that use processes requiring detection of performance
data may not function properly when PRE LOOP is
switched on with distortion effects connected to PRE
LOOP.
• PRE LOOP is unavailable when the Input Select (p. 90, p.
96) parameter is set to "USB In."

Kenni

Hey!

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I have read the manual, but I did not check the "specifications" section..
Thanks for that. :)

Okay, I see - fixed at -10dB - got it.

I've try and mess around with it some more, and see what happens :)

By the way - the connections are correct, right?
Connecting the pedal's input to the send on the PRE LOOP and the pedal's output to the return on the PRE LOOP?

Thanks!

admin

Your Pre Loop external FX  Connections are correct

gumtown

You can use the other Send/Return  1 & 2 loops, which can be placed anywhere in the signal chain, before the preamp if you wish, and has send/return level adjustments.

Here is a free GT-Pro FxFloorBoard editor software (if you want something different) which makes GT-Pro adjustments much easier, and you can use GT-8 patches with it too.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/GT-ProFxFloorBoard/

You will need a GT-Pro USB driver installed from the Boss site.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/