Rick Beato - Everything Music YouTube Channel

Started by admin, April 20, 2017, 08:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

admin

Elantric

Elantric

admin

Derek talks about the importance of each instrument occupying their own sonic space

whippinpost91850

I watched this yesterday, he raises some very valid points

aliensporebomb

He raises some valid points and I normally like his videos but that just seems like unhinged ranting.
So he pointed out that his frustration that his G5 tower power supply died. 
I can see that but the date of discontinuation of those towers was 2006 or 11 years ago.
Most computers last 3-5 years these days.  11 years would be hopelessly obsolete by todays standards.

Did I get pissed at Apple because a local power company transformer blew and that blew the power supply in my old G5 tower? 
I was frustrated.

Honestly a lot of things he complains about: there are "hidden options" to make work.
The simplicity he wants is hidden in options to not confuse the clueless.
He seems baffled by the huge emphasis on social media integration.

If he's frustrated by Apple just wait until he has to deal with the finger pointing, fragmentation and frustration of Android/Windows.
I still use those things too but.....there is just as much social media emphasis, emphasis on stores selling media as there are on any other
platform.

Every technology company has its downside. 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Elantric

Elantric

whippinpost91850

Very interesting. I'll have to follow this and see how he ends up with his Hackentosh

germanicus

Just discovered his videos. One was an analysis of John Williams heavily borrowing from Holst for Star Wars. This was kind of obvious to anyone whom has heard The Planets, but well laid out in his video.

My albums done with modeling/guitar synth at http://music.steamtheory.com

JTV69/59P/Godin LGXT/Multiac ACS/Variax 700 AC
Helix/FTP/GP10/VG99/SY1000
Traynor k4

thebrushwithin

Ah!!! Might have to try these out!

mos6507

His videos are very educational, especially his multi-track analysis of classic songs.  I don't know where he gets the sources for those videos, but all of them are good.  This dissection of Roundabout is definitely worth investing those 22 minutes to watch.

Michael Dolan Doubleneck
Les Paul Custom

VG-99
FTP

admin

DreamTheory

I would l like to joinn in endorsing Beato. Like having a great music chat with a like minded guy. I'll have to loo and see if has any vg vids
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008

plexified

Rick is one of the greatest minds in the music industry imho. His live time breakdown of music is impressive but when he plays its mind blowing. Piano mastery was totally unexpected. I've watched him for several years and I love to watch a mind at work. But when he just simply plays the passion and expansive variety on multiple instruments is ultimately inspirational, exactly what he intended. A great story of a person following their passion and finding great places along the way to longstanding success.

aliensporebomb

Pretty cool:
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.