New GT-1 owner

Started by lefty Freak, April 21, 2017, 04:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty Freak

Gotta say so far very pleased. I sold my GP-10 awhile back because I decided I didn't need 3/4ths of it's functionality and this seems to be just the ticket. Wish I could get my Digitech FS3x to play nice with it but I've no qualms with getting an FS-6 or 7. Once that is added this thing will be just what the Dr. ordered for live gigs. I was a bit surprised about the size of it but OTOH I like the extra real estate on the pedal board. Seems very sturdily made to me. Only time will tell.

Couple things are perplexing me though., I am confused about the whole "assign" section in BTS. I dont get what it does even after reading the manual. Never did with the GP-10 either so I ignored it. Also if I were to mix in some of my analog pedals like an OD or two would they go before this pedal or after? I know there are no hard and fast rules but in general how should I place them? I guess it depends on whether I am going direct or into an amp huh?

I'd love to read some PEQ tips as far as getting JTM type tones and also Fender Twin.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."  ― Anais Nin

admin

Quote from: lefty Freak on April 21, 2017, 04:00:38 AM

Couple things are perplexing me though., I am confused about the whole "assign" section in BTS. I dont get what it does even after reading the manual. Never did with the GP-10 either so I ignored it.

The Control Assigns are a big reason many of us have stayed with Roland / Boss gear for decades.

To understand effective use of this power - must go back and review the manuals for older Roland  Boss gear that had more examples, and read the docs cultivated by long term Boss GT owners.

luckily we have archives of these via file attachments on several posts contained in this thread below( crucial reading)

Learn to Program Roland/Boss MultiFX Processors
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88.0

lefty Freak

I finally got it! Hmm seems like a really cool tool. I like the idea of being able to trigger multiple things with the click of one button! Now to see if there are any songs in the set list where this will come in handy.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."  ― Anais Nin

mooncaine

Quote from: admsustainiac on April 21, 2017, 08:26:23 AM
The Control Assigns are a big reason many of us have stayed with Roland / Boss gear for decades.
I certainly love Control Assigns.

I also love being able to reshuffle the order of the effects, from patch to patch, as well as their output levels and other settings. That ability, to rearrange effects order, is what keeps me using BOSS or Roland multi-fx thingies instead of a bunch of separate pedals.