RC-300 - Noobie question

Started by Cams, August 29, 2017, 04:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cams

Hi folks, I'm glad to have found you! I've spent a few days trying to figure out my RC300 and am stuck, so I hope you can help! Let me explain...

I have a song with a chorus of 8 measures. I set up each track as 8 measures and I use track one for a drum beat and track two for rhythm guitar. Rather than have to thump a beat on my guitar for 8 measures, I can get the full beat with two measures so I record two and then hit playback.

Then I put the rhythm guitar onto track two, only it switches from record to overdub before the end of the 8 measures. I have it set to loop end for playback, but it stops playing at the point where the record changed to overdub, and when I look back at the settings for track 1, the measures is set to 2. Each track has loop sync on, which I like as I can be more careless with timing when hitting the playback button.

It feels like I'm missing something fundamental. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

chrish

You most likely need to turn off Loop sync for tracks 2 and 3 otherwise recording on track one will set the loop length for the other two tracks.

At least that's my guess.

Or just tump out the beat on track one for the full eight measures.

Cams

Quote from: chrish on August 29, 2017, 11:49:05 AM
You most likely need to turn off Loop sync for tracks 2 and 3 otherwise recording on track one will set the loop length for the other two tracks.

At least that's my guess.

Or just tump out the beat on track one for the full eight measures.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually. Having loop sync off works, but it means my timing has to be bang on, so I probably just need to do that and practice with it before taking it out live.