Boss GT-1 Videos

Started by Elantric, September 09, 2016, 08:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

( . )( . )

Well, after watching these, it's cooler than I thought initially. It's not what I need, and I don't see it being great for live use, but if I had a 13 year old son who was just starting to play, it would be a good Christmas present (along with a set of headphones). Seriously though, for $200 it's seems like a steal. I bet Guitar Center will sell a bunch of them.

rolandvg99

Quote from: Chameleon on September 09, 2016, 09:08:27 PM
Well, after watching these, it's cooler than I thought initially...

Agreed. And in contrast to what was presented yesterday on 909 day you can actually hear what it sounds like. No 64 notes drenching the sound.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

BMapson

Quote from: Chameleon on September 09, 2016, 09:08:27 PM
[...] if I had a 13 year old son who was just starting to play, it would be a good Christmas present (along with a set of headphones). Seriously though, for $200 it's seems like a steal. I bet Guitar Center will sell a bunch of them.

This right here.  Plenty of functionality in a small, lightweight package.  It looks like it will travel fairly easily. Probably not going to record with it, or really do any heavy gigging.  But for noodling around the house or in the garage, it looks like a good deal.   They're going to sell by the truckload at that price point.

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

Its a bummer that bulk of these GT-1 Video demos are shot with just a smartphone in the room, and not an isolated direct output feed from the processor under review

My complaint - I always hear the initial attack of the raw unamplified guitar strings in most of these demos, and that spoils all opportunity to analyze the tone of the processor under review.

Also in video below I only hear a volume difference when comparing GT-100 to GT-1  - not hearing any significant improvement of the GT-1 tones compared to GT-100 tones 

Elantric

slooky

Nice sounds that Alex is getting out of that

roachone

Man, that guy is pretty awesome. The Gt-1 sounds excellent to me.

pasha811

Stores availability for South EU?

Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

Elantric

GeePeeAxe

This video shows good, but not excellent sound quality. You get what you paid for...

aliensporebomb

Quote from: GeePeeAxe on October 16, 2016, 04:18:35 AM
This video shows good, but not excellent sound quality. You get what you paid for...

I've heard far worse.  For $200 price point it would be hard to find something better than that.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Autana

Quote from: aliensporebomb on October 16, 2016, 02:13:21 PM
I've heard far worse.  For $200 price point it would be hard to find something better than that.

Yes, I agree.   

Quote from: Elantric on September 19, 2016, 09:57:01 AM
Its a bummer that bulk of these GT-1 Video demos are shot with just a smartphone in the room, and not an isolated direct output feed from the processor under review

Speaking on terms of strictly audio quality, I would not trust much of some online demos, sometimes the codec audio scheme used in video kills subtle elements by excessive compression of data, narrow frequency/bit depth, subtracting sound dimensionality and tone impact. I've heard demos of Fractal FX and other high quality devices made by users who do not care so much the quality audio output format, sounding like much lower rank gear. This IHMO seems to be the case. Well, maybe my ears could be touchy after this 3rd wine cup ;D
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

slooky

Quote from: GeePeeAxe on October 16, 2016, 04:18:35 AM

your judging by 6 or 7  patches?

pasha811

Quote from: slooky on October 16, 2016, 05:50:56 PM
your judging by 6 or 7  patches?

If the engine is the same as GT-001 (except the splitter and number of FX) sound should be in the same league.
Do you think they trimmed down quality?
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

GeePeeAxe

slooky: "your judging by 6 or 7  patches?"

No. but all other videos of GT1 sound very muddy and distracting to me.
Judging by them, I will never even think about buying a GT1.
How about demoing some decent tube-break-up?
I think there is no digital device that can make it for 200 usd or cheaper.
The cheapest seems to be Amplifire, for 600 bucks. it really sounds like tube amps.
The new Zoom G3 and G5n also sound static and cold to me. Thea are cheap too.
Any other recommendations?