CHASE BLISS HABIT

Started by BROCKSTAR, March 30, 2022, 11:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BROCKSTAR

So... a new pedal in town. It's actually marketed as a delay but deserves a spot in the looper section since it does have some of that going for it too with the scan / memory section which is the attractive part of the pedal.

I would venture out and say it's part mood and part blooper but with a memory bank to scan through!

I just bought one to play with! Should be here in a few days!

MORE VIDEOS HERE - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=chase+bliss+habit

CBA WEBSITE - https://www.chasebliss.com/habit

Habit vs Mood vs Blooper - https://www.chasebliss.com/habit-vs

vanceg

This looks fantastic! 
Looking forward to hearing what you do with it.

BROCKSTAR

Mine came today! Spent a few hours with it. I'm still confused but getting the hang of it lol. Still more to learn! I'm enjoying it! :D

The only way I can describe the HABIT is that it's a delay in many different forms but then when you least expect it, a tiny Robert Fripp starts playing inside the pedal... BUT THERE'S MORE! Then there's this little indecisive habit hobbit toying around with your notes and phrases, scanning between them all like he's searching for something on a radio dial.

Definitely belongs in the mood / blooper family but more blooper then anything else. I would venture out to say HABIT is like having half of a blooper and bouncing your layer knob which will go through your over dubs on blooper which is kinda like scanning on HABIT but still different enough to be unique.
-
I wish there was a way to silence the scanning / cloudy effect in automatic mode. I get the reason because it's scanning through different sections of your playing, but sometimes it gets a little overwhelming hearing it but maybe that is appealing to some. I think I'll probably stay in manual mode mainly so I can only hear it when I turn the spread / scan knobs off and on.
-
Also I think having it in "collect" mode is probably going to be my main thing too, love it there! I also like turning "wipe" switch on when done, as it seems to make things a little less hectic and you can really zone in on the playback / song.
-
Also I know the modifiers come from the blooper side, but they have a difference going on to me? I feel like they are not as strong as bloopers algorithms and they sound quieter? Could just be me since I haven't played a blooper since last year, but I remember them being louder and just in your face more. These ones feel subtle.
-
I do miss the other modifiers like stutter, swapper, scrambler, stretcher and can only imagine the unique things they could do for HABIT as well! (i think i need a blooper again for the 3rd time lol).

BROCKSTAR

Sit back and relax to the new chase bliss habit pedal and listen to the magic! A journey of delays and notes and phrases that intertwines!

Collect and Manual mode engaged. Using A1 stepped speed modifier on the reverse side off and on. Also bouncing the modify knob. Sweep set for "T".

Using a fender roland ready guitar into a boss sy-1000 guitar synthesizer for the synth sounds and clean tone and that is going into my line 6 helix for some additional ambient reverb. Habit is in the fx loop of helix.

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch