DIY Digitech/ TC Helicon Three Button FSW

Started by Elantric, May 28, 2014, 10:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

I have confirmed that all Digitech three button foot switches ( Digitech FS3X, FS300, ) are 100% compatible with the  TC Helicon Footswitch-3 pedal

DIY plans are here:
http://gtr1ab.wordpress.com/2012/09/22/footswitch-extention/

http://www.guitargear.net.au/discussion/index.php?topic=32290.0

Schematic

FWIW- This old post by ThreeLeggedYoyo back in 2012 is worth re-reading for VG-99, GT-100, GT-001  and Boss GP-10 Users with one 1/4" External CTL Jack
QuoteBy the way, I discovered another nifty trick yesterday that you might like based on the example you just used.

If you use a Digitech 3-button pedal (Digitech FSX 3) in the [Roland/Boss] CTL jack (designed for 2-button) guess what happens?

1 pedal will be CTL 1
1 pedal will be CTL 2
1 pedal will be CTL 1/2 symultaneously.

Pretty spiffy. I wonder what a 4-button would do...

I should start a thread with nothing but tips and tricks like this. We've amassed quite a few in the last few weeks, but they're scattered around.

big_jan

quoted from TC3 Support/Forum

VoiceLive 3: Boss FS 5U and Boss FS 6 sub in for Switch 3

ST
posted this on Feb 10 01:52
Hi

I happened to have these foot switches kicking around and found that I could use them with the VoiceLive 3 (and VoiceLive Play GTX):  Boss FS 5U and Boss FS6

I use the (small) Boss FS 5U to trigger the Looper.  This is handy if all you need is a one button solution to get you in and out of the looper and don't have the floorspace required for a Switch 3.

VoiceLive 3:

1.Buttons settings
2.Turn on Switch 3
3.Set SW3 to Looper
Connect using a short ¼ inch jack Tip-Sleeve cable

If you happen to have a Boss FS 6, you can use it as compact version of the Switch 3.

VoiceLive 3:

1.Buttons settings
2.Turn on Switch 3
3.Set SW1 to whatever you like. This corresponds to button B on the FS6
4.Set SW2 to whatever you like. This corresponds to button A on the FS6
5.Set SW3 to whatever you like. This corresponds to pressing buttons A and B together on the FS6
Connect using a short ¼ inch jack Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable

This also works on the VoiceLive Play GTX

I'm not suggesting that you run out and buy these foot switches instead of a Switch 3 but if you happen to have them kicking around it might be fun to try them out. Note: Remember to remove the connecting cable from the FS6. It eats batteries if you forget.

techtock

I got a 3 pack of Tattoo Foot Pedal Switches from eBay and rigged this up.

The switches are quiet and easy to press down.  Plus I can make a speaker cable from the leftovers.

(The only downside was their strong chemical odor.   I washed them and let air them out on the porch for a week!)

singgal

techtock
I have little experience with rigging up anything like this. I'd like to order the pedals like you did and try it for my Voicelive Play. Can you show a written diagram of what you did, mainly where you place the diodes. (I see a "wart" there and was thinking they may be stored in that?) Thanks for your help.

Hurricane

Quote from: Elantric on May 28, 2014, 10:17:57 PM
I have confirmed that all Digitech three button foot switches ( Digitech FS3X, FS300, ) are 100% compatible with the  TC Helicon Footswitch-3 pedal

DIY plans are here:
http://gtr1ab.wordpress.com/2012/09/22/footswitch-extention/

http://www.guitargear.net.au/discussion/index.php?topic=32290.0

Schematic

FWIW- This old post by ThreeLeggedYoyo back in 2012 is worth re-reading for VG-99, GT-100, GT-001  and Boss GP-10 Users with one 1/4" External CTL Jack

Hey Eleantric :

I was ambitious and wanted to make a Switch 6 nano
to fit inside a Shure 520D  Green Bullet mic housing .

i research into it and found out a lot but time restraints
happen in one's life so I broke down and purchased a
T.C.Helicon MP-76 I got the bundle shown for $170.00

I was going to option out and try the Switch 3 but I caved and purchased a MP-76 .
It's not as big as the Switch 6 but it's one button bigger than a Switch 3  ;D .

It will get here next Thursday - Oh The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

The nano type switches the MP-76 has are what I want to
use in making a Switch 6 nano size assembly to fit in a
Shure 520D type Green Bullet mic housing or even mount on a
electric guitar's body .

From what I have read this thing could hammer nails too .
It's got a decent frequency response , very linear till about
5K and then it's got an upward sweep to 18K where it starts
to drops off by looking at it's graph  .

Ez :

HR

admin

https://www.gfisystem.com/faq1.html
Q : Your Triple Switch looks great, but I prefer to build my own switchbox, can you help me with the technical specs?
A : Here's a schematic you can use to build your own Aux switchbox.

Satan

Hi all! I'm trying to do the switch. At local dealer I could only find N14007 diodes. Do they fit as well? They just have a breakdown voltage at 1000V instead of 100V, so they should do the job, since they are meant to block the current in order to not allow switches to interfere each other.