RC300 Loop FX ‘lost’

Started by GazOwen, January 24, 2018, 12:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GazOwen

Hi all

Having upgraded from the RC30 to the RC300 I'm fairly familiar with Boss but at a loss at the moment. It all worked fine at first but I seem to have moved a setting somewhere (experimenting) and the 'Loop FX' and EXP pedal no longer do anything! The 'Loop FX' pedal switches on and off ok and holding it down for two seconds engages the FX but has no effect on sound played/recorded on tracks 1/2/3/guitar/keyboard/mic

I've tried a factory reset with no change.

I've also tried moving Loop FX settings from 'Main Out Total' through the settings and back with no results

Any help or suggestions are appreciated and thanks in advance for your time

Gaz

chrish

Did you do a factory reset for system +memory?

There are three options for a factory reset.

Also you can go into the "assigning the function of petals and external controllers" menu detailed on page 23 of the manual and see which pedal source is assigned to what target.

There are 8 assign switch locations and the switch needs to be turned on for each of 8 assigns that are being used.

GazOwen

Hi Chris

Thanks for taking the time to reply, really appreciated

Yes, factory reset with system & memory

I'll try what you have suggested, I've played around with the assigns and got an FS-6 mapped to CTL1 to clear all but can I buggery assign the Loop FX on/off to the Loop FX pedal!!

Will keep you updated

GazOwen

What a knob!!!  :(

On moving the RC the main output lead had come out and I'd put it back in the "Sub Output" instead of the "Main Output"

Loop FX is back!!

Sorry to have wasted your time

admin

Quote from: GazOwen on January 25, 2018, 06:53:23 AM
What a knob!!!  :(

On moving the RC the main output lead had come out and I'd put it back in the "Sub Output" instead of the "Main Output"

Loop FX is back!!

Sorry to have wasted your time

Glad to hear you got it back up and running

for what it's worth the biggest noob mistake around here is assuming Roland/Boss Audio Outputs labeled "SUB"  mean subwoofer output

Instead SUB in Roland/Boss speak means an Alternate Output - other gear has SUB outputs too ( VG-99, GT-1000) and theae are not strictly for Subwoofer feed.