GR-300 & GR-303 for sale

Started by andyharris, November 30, 2022, 12:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyharris

I am the original owner.  Since I moved to the US, the guitar & synth board have been residing in my parents' attic in the UK for the past couple of decades.  The house has been sold and the gear needs a new home.  Obviously the GR-300 is 240v and will need a step-up transformer to function in the US.  On my last visit to the UK, I cleaned everything, changed the guitar strings, and checked it over for functionality (sweeping from an octave below to a 5th above still sounds awesome...).  The vibrato plates still work as intended (latch-on/off on one plate, touch-release on/off on the other one).  Truth be told, I did not play the guitar that much, so the frets have very little wear (but are maybe a bit oxidized).  There are a few minor dings/buckle rash on the GR-303 and some small rust spots on the GR-300 (see pics).  The case is in reasonable shape.  There are two 24-pin latching cables (one seems a slightly lighter gauge).  The one thing that needs addressing is that my much younger self replaced the conventional pickup toggle switch after the case had fallen over and broken the original stem.  I guess I wasn't quite so competent at electronics/soldering back then, since it is essentially non-functional (only the bridge pickup is engaged).  If I had the opportunity I'd fix it myself, but I'd expect it to be an easy job for anyone with competency in such repairs.

Before posting to the "usual suspects" (eBay, Reverb), I'm putting it on here so that an enthusiast can give it the home it deserves.  I've seen some rather steep prices on those sites but I just want it to go to a good home at a fair price.

I've uploaded the pics to Google Photos GR-300/303 pics

tms13pin

Is this now here in the states or still in the UK?

--Tom

andyharris

It's still in the UK.  A friend is holding it for the time being while I sell it.  If I had it here, I'd resolder the pu switch and maybe give it a bit of a polish.  I did clean it & replace the 20+ year-old strings when I was over in the UK last year (my brother had it in his garage after clearing out the parental abode).