Gt-100 vs Katana

Started by melodisk, April 15, 2017, 04:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melodisk

Is it me or is the Katana oktaver better than the gt-100 ,the oktaver is very very fast on Katana. ???

gumtown

Quite likely as both use the same processor chip, but the Katana has less effects and less DSP loading, so more power can be put into the preamp and effects quality.
The Katana is a newer generation compared to the GT-100, so the effects should be further 'refined' or is the correct word 'matured'.....
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

melodisk

Yes,I'm thinking something is better in Katana for sure,also reverbs,someone should talk to boss and have them look into squeezing some more juice out if the gt. :P

memorex

I think the pitch shifters in the GT-100 range from fair to poor. The Overtone sounds pretty good when you only play single notes through it. But if you strum chords through it, the octave up sounds gurgley and distorted. I tried to get a 12-string effect using the Overtone's octave up and it sounded horrible. The regular pitch pedal effect sounds generally worse than that when you pedal more than a couple half steps up or down. The Harmonizer effect sounds OK with single notes, but was never intended to work with multiple notes. It's funny, I've got a 12-string patch on my 2005 Tonelab SE that sounds a lot like a Rickenbacker through a Jangle box compressor and doesn't distort or gurgle too much. Can't come close on the GT-100. I think pitch bender is it's worst sounding effect.

admin

QuoteI've got a 12-string patch on my 2005 Tonelab SE that sounds a lot like a Rickenbacker through a Jangle box compressor and doesn't distort or gurgle too much.

Share the Tonelab SE patch?