Katana - Selecting effects using GA-FC

Started by Chris Blaze, May 31, 2018, 03:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Blaze

I've got the (very awesome) Boss Katana Artist amp and a GA-FC footswitch. I know that I can enable the panel effects using the footswitch, but is there a way I can select between the different channels of effects (channel A boosts and channel B boosts)? Is this done using the tone editor?

admin

Quote from: Chris Blaze on May 31, 2018, 03:07:43 PM
I've got the (very awesome) Boss Katana Artist amp and a GA-FC footswitch. I know that I can enable the panel effects using the footswitch, but is there a way I can select between the different channels of effects (channel A boosts and channel B boosts)? Is this done using the tone editor?

GA-FC with Katana is Plug & play " what you see is what you get "
read

Katana - Using the Roland GA-FC Controller
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20205.msg145688#msg145688

Inside the Katana Head / 100 combo box there is a sticker you apply to the GA-FC Footswitch

The GA-FC Foot Switch connects with a 1/4" TRS cable to Katana Head / 100 combo / Artist
(GA-FC is NOT supported on Katana 50 112, AIR or MINI)

On the far Right the "EFFECTS" switch toggles the GA-FC operation modes.

GA-FC Foot Switch Default mode is
* Channel Select Mode (selecting the 5 channels on Katana 100 / Head)
(CH1, CH2, CH3, CH4, Panel (manual settings))

or

* FX Select Mode  - toggle FX On/Off ( Booster/Mod, Delay/FX, Tap Tempo, Reverb, FX Loop )

Also you can add two Roland EV-5 Expression Pedal to the GA-FC Footswitch for Volume (Master Vol) and FX (Wah or Preamp Vol)

On each of the 8 presets you can edit your desired FX  for

* Booster/Mod

* Delay/FX

* Reverb

and toggle each on/off using the GA-FC Foot switch
And for each of the 8 user presets use BTS of Gumtowns Katana Editor and edit each preset for the specific Booster/Mod, Delay/FX, Reverb effect you desire in the specific on/off state you desire   -then SAVE the patch  - use the CH switch on the amp , press and hold the current CH preset being edited on the amp [/i]

Here is a comparison:
Gumtown's FxFloorBoard vs Boss Tone Studio:

FxFloorBoard vs Boss Tone Studio (BTS):
30 Booster types (including 8 custom sub types) vs BTS 20 Boosters,
35 MOD effects (plus Harmonist custom scales) vs BTS 27 MOD effects,
11 Delay types vs BTS 6 Delay types,
37 FX types (including TeraEcho and OverTone) vs BTS 27 FX types,
Chain configuration (any effects order) fully customisable vs BTS 3 fixed Chain selections,
11 items/effects can be used at once in the signal chin vs BTS 8 items (can't use Booster/MOD or Delay/FX at the same time).

Gumtown's Katana FxFloorBoard Editor
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20625.0

Katana FAQ
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19048.0

Chris Blaze

Thanks, admin

So if I wanted to assign the different effects (clean boost, auto-wah, blues drive, overdrive, etc) I would need a midi selector to which I can assign the different effects?

admin

Quote from: Chris Blaze on May 31, 2018, 03:34:09 PM
Thanks, admin

So if I wanted to assign the different effects (clean boost, auto-wah, blues drive, overdrive, etc) I would need a midi selector to which I can assign the different effects?

On each of the 8 presets you can edit your desired FX  for

* Booster/Mod

* Delay/FX

* Reverb

and toggle each on/off using the GA-FC Foot switch
And for each of the 8 user presets use BTS of Gumtowns Katana Editor and edit each preset for the specific Booster/Mod, Delay/FX, Reverb effect you desire in the specific on/off state you desire   -then SAVE the patch  - use the CH switch on the amp , press and hold the current CH preset being edited on the amp [/i]

Here is a comparison:
Gumtown's FxFloorBoard vs Boss Tone Studio:

FxFloorBoard vs Boss Tone Studio (BTS):
30 Booster types (including 8 custom sub types) vs BTS 20 Boosters,
35 MOD effects (plus Harmonist custom scales) vs BTS 27 MOD effects,
11 Delay types vs BTS 6 Delay types,
37 FX types (including TeraEcho and OverTone) vs BTS 27 FX types,
Chain configuration (any effects order) fully customisable vs BTS 3 fixed Chain selections,
11 items/effects can be used at once in the signal chin vs BTS 8 items (can't use Booster/MOD or Delay/FX at the same time).

Gumtown's Katana FxFloorBoard Editor
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20625.0