GP-10- Clean Strat or Tele sound from Acoustic Guitar?

Started by guytano, February 24, 2016, 12:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guytano

I'm trying to get an authentic, clean strat or tele sound from the GP10.  I play an acoustic as my controller and would love to have a classic, clean strat or tele sound, but can't seem to get there.  Does anyone have good, clean strat/tele patches?  Thank you.

admin

QuoteI play an acoustic as my controller

What make / Model Guitar?

What Make / Model 13 pin pickup?

guytano

I play a hand-made Tippin dreadnought guitar, with LR Baggs individual piezos and use an RMC Poly Drive II outboard pre-amp (I used to use the RMC piezos but they fell apart.  LR Baggs are much more robust).  The RMC preamp has a 1/4" out and the 13 pin out for connection to the GP10.  Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Elantric

QuoteI play a hand-made Tippin dreadnought guitar, with LR Baggs individual piezos and use an RMC Poly Drive II outboard pre-amp (I used to use the RMC piezos but they fell apart.  LR Baggs are much more robust).  The RMC preamp has a 1/4" out and the 13 pin out for connection to the GP10.  Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Here are the factory GP-10 sounds 
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=11698.0

GP-10 factory patch 25 "Funk GT SET" is a Clean Stratocaster
GP-10 factory patch 62 "B BENDER TL" is a Clean Telecaster with a B bender on the Expression pedal
GP-10 factory patch 32 TX BLUES MOD "Funk GT SET" is a Stevie Ray Vaughn style  Strat Solo sound

To audition or record the GP-10 sounds, its advisable to connect headphones directly to the GP-10 Headphone output.

For live performance,  you will be required to use the GP-10's output feeding a loud amplifier, because your Acoustic instrument will be emitting the natural vibrating string's acoustic energy at a higher decibel level (compared to a solidbody guitar with a GK 13 pin pickup) 

The Boss GP-10 VGuitar system is designed to work best with a Solid body guitar equipped with a Roland GK-3 PU. Different instruments (like your Acoustic Guitar with Piezo hex PU) will experience a compromised tone.