SY-300 Behringer BCR-2000 sysex presets. Now with BC Manager ini file.

Started by rolandvg99, July 25, 2016, 05:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolandvg99

I might have mentioned this before, but I can't stand computer editors when tweaking sounds. I could live with this on the VG-99 as it had a pretty good front end for tweaking and I could do my tweaking hands on. The GP-10 is a programming nightmare, the SY-300 less so, but still kind of cramped. I wasted a whole day making two BCR-2000 presets: one for OSC 1-3 wave and filter tweaking and a second for OSC 1-3 LFOs and the OSC 1 Sequencer. Feel free to download and modify. I've used this brilliant piece of software for the editing: BC Manager 3.1.0.1

Changes done as of July 30th: Added BC Manager SY-300 ini file (remove .txt from SY-300.ini.txt file).
System - parameters mapped except for CTL and PCMAP
Patch - parameters are mapped except for CTRL ASSIGNs.
SystemP - Common and Blender parameter are mapped
Templates are in PDF - two top section ones and a common bottom section.

Changes as of August 2nd: Uploaded OSC 1-3 BC Manager presets and Excel template. These presets are divided into one preset per OSC with each including Wave/Pitch, Filter/AMP, LFO, Sequencer and Layer settings.
Some errors fixed in the SY-300 OSC Preset inside the "SY-300 BCR2000.zip".

One thing: The BCR can't fetch the settings from the SY-300 prior to tweaking. If you have a sound that needs some small adjustments here and there, DON'T touch unwanted parameters as they'll jump to the BCR default settings.

As always: make backups/buy insurance before major surgery. All use is at the risk of the user. Happy tweaking.

Presets and templates in the ZIP.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

rolandvg99

Changes as of August 2nd: Uploaded OSC 1-3 BC Manager presets and Excel template. These presets are divided into one preset per OSC with each including Wave/Pitch, Filter/AMP, LFO, Sequencer and Layer settings.
Some errors fixed in the SY-300 OSC Preset inside the "SY-300 BCR2000.zip".
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

lumena

Reviving topic. I am slowly going through all the posts that are about the SY-300.

This project looks really interesting to me as I have found a lot of lag with the editor and my brain.
I am wondering if it might be possible to post a picture of how the layout works on the actual device. I am thinking of purchasing a bcr-2000 just for this purpose.

I can see it must have taken quite a bit of time to make this - was a particular reason why to choose this controller?

thanks for any other info you are willing to share.
L>

AlexDM

superduper! thanks. i bought a bcr2000 and i tried to program it with the bc manager. But now i start with your mappibgs!