GR55 banks used like guitar effects pedalboard (all banks active)

Started by zaggor, January 01, 2018, 06:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaggor

Hi All and Happy New Year!

Wise guys please help.

I play fingerstyle solo guitar arrangements. I would like to use GR55 as like on standard guitar effects pedalboard w/ simultaneously active 3 Banks/3 sounds as needed during each song: i.e. continuous bass on Bank#1 (just 2 low strings) while interchanging synth on Bank#2 and electric guitar on Bank#3. I would like to activate/deactivate each Bank by my foot during the song and to have all 3 Banks/sounds linked in one "patch" (i.e. "Deep Purple" patch with bass, Hammond organ and Fender/Marshall stack) and switched to next one only by GK3 S1/S2 switch. Further, on-top the EXP pedal could be used for Wah or Bank/sound volume (but not for the switching inbetween the linked banks, as my foot already does that). Is it possible or there is another easier way?

Thx

DreamTheory

Delay between patch changes could be a problem, if you do things this way.

Check out multiple assigns info on this forum. See "top things to know" thread.

S1 and S2 buttons on GK can be assigned.

Good luck
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008

gumtown

The 3 GR-55 Patch change foot switches can not be used as manual stomp effect on/off buttons.
You have CTL and EXP pedal switch, and Expression pedal available to control your sound,
for more than that,  and you will need a midi foot controller.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/