GP-10 - 3 new Boss GP 10 recordings

Started by NickZ, March 02, 2015, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickZ

A little backstory:
I had the VG 99 - liked it a good deal and moved onto other things over time.
Bought the GR55 and was underwhelmed.
Heard about the GP 10 and jumped in with a healthy dose of skepticism and am very happy to say it is meeting my needs on all fronts.
The amp sims are much improved, the acoustic models are as well & it tracks better than the GR55 ever did.

With that said - I recorded three tracks recently and wanted to share them with you - I have followed this forum for years - used Gumtown's editor for the GR55 - hung onto everything written and posted by Bill Ruppert and others as well - my turn to share something!

The electric pieces - Testify (intro) and Testify - are a carvin Bolt Kit into the Gk3 - bypassing the modelled gtrs and using the guitars own pickups.  I also bypassed the cab in the amp (vox lead) and am using two notes WOS - fantastic plugin.
All midi was done through the gk3 Gp10 and using sounds from Logic Pro X.  Delays and reverb were Logic as well - the Wah is from the GP10.

10 Speed is an acoustic track - again played on the bolt kit - and using both 6 and 12 string simulated guitars in the GP10.  The only acoustic instrument on there is my mandolin!
I hope you guys enjoy the tunes - feedback is most certainly welcome!
http://www.familyk9.com/Blog/Dogs%20&%20Guitars/index.html

Vade

Well I enjoyed all of them. I love the composition and interplay of the various "voices" in 10 Speed. Listening to that panned mandolin made me want to start using the technique more in my own stuff. The only complaint I came up with was after listening to Testify and the nonstop musicality of your lead guitar. (You blow through riffs without ever losing that musical groove flowing through it all.) After hearing that I wanted 10 Speed to have a bridge where that soaring lead could be showcased. 10 Speed is gorgeous just the way it is but your lead is so good on Testify that I can't help but wonder what they'd sound like woven together in some fashion. Great stuff in any case. Thanks for sharing!
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

NickZ

Thanks very much Vade - I am glad you enjoyed it.

In 10 speed I was going for the loose kind of feel when you are jamming with someone and working out parts - playing off of one another - it was fun to do - and reminded me of a time when I would sit with a friend or two and do that - it's been years since then - so it was a bit of a trip to get back in that mind frame - lots of listening back on my headphones she out walking or on the car stereo to see what i thought sat well.

I never even considered a solo in there - to me it just isn't something I think would fit - I wanted to leave it acoustic.  Would be fun to play over though - no doubt.
Again - thank for the nice comments and taking the time to listen to my music...
Nick

BackDAWman

NickZ

Testify....

Brilliant!!

When do we see the album on iTunes?

You bring one out and I'm in for sure!!

gumbo

Nick!
...well done!...Loved it all..   :-*

Thank you for posting.

Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

whippinpost91850

Very nice I enjoyed all three immensely

NickZ

Thx to all of you who took the time to listen and to reply - you better than anyone understand how deeply personal your music is - I appreciate it.
I am working on some new stuff with my GP10 and will post it up when it is done.
I can't believe how improved it is from the VG 99 in terms of amp models and acoustic sims - I have been through it all Axe FX, Kemper - you name it...  I get more satisfaction from this piece of gear than any other up to this point.