VG-99- Artist/song patch requests....

Started by Elantric, February 10, 2008, 09:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icefan

I would love a patch of the lead guitar in Journey's live version of "Faithfully."  I love the swelling and delay in the sound of that guitar.  I would post a youtube link but not sure if we can post links in this forum.

Brent Flash

Quote from: icefan on December 30, 2009, 08:59:50 PM
I would love a patch of the lead guitar in Journey's live version of "Faithfully."  I love the swelling and delay in the sound of that guitar.  I would post a youtube link but not sure if we can post links in this forum.
Yes you can post links.

icefan

Okay, cool thanks for the response.  Here's the Journey video I was referencing.  If any of you have a patch that simulates the lead guitar in this video, that would be great! 

A2theT

should be easy enough to reproduce.  have you tried?  theres hundreds of patches out there you could use as a stepping stone.

start with a Gibson LP model and a Marshall amp model then go from there.  unfortunately we have no G-System model yet. lol.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

wo00lf

Hey

had anyone ever made a patch for metallicas kill em all sound? i have nice sounds for justise, master and so on (thanks A to the T :)) but i didn't found something good for kill em all.

thanks mates

A2theT

Quote from: wo00lf on February 11, 2010, 02:59:39 PM
Hey

had anyone ever made a patch for metallicas kill em all sound? i have nice sounds for justise, master and so on (thanks A to the T :)) but i didn't found something good for kill em all.

thanks mates

I'll be working on Kill Em All on the weekend.  Did you try out my Fight Fire With Fire Patch?  I''m very happy with that one.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

wo00lf

Quote from: A to the T on February 11, 2010, 04:01:39 PM
I'll be working on Kill Em All on the weekend.  Did you try out my Fight Fire With Fire Patch?  I''m very happy with that one.

Yeah, like this tone but the Kill em All sound ist slightly different ;)

A2theT

HEAVY on the METAL

maxdaddy

...found an interesting article on "the AC/DC sound".

How do I sound like Angus Young
http://blog.fixyourmix.com/2009/how-do-i-sound-like-angus-young/

clamhands

Is anyone here willing to try taking a stab at trying to create a patch for Jerry Cantrell's "blue dress" Alice in Chains sound?

Key sound components are explained well in Interviews #1 and #2.

Good examples of his sound with tutorials on how to play the parts of some well known AIC songs are availible here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ePiA8A2AY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nDNk61-3HU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT7h-iZXfak&feature=related

Live rig overview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlqyz02I25I&feature=related

clamhands

Another patch request if someone feels especially brave: Geordie Walker's of Killing Joke's sound:

Key sound components:
Gibson ES 295 guitar (P-90 pickups)
Two step down "C" tuning (with massive gauge strings)
10" speaker cabinets
TC electronics 1210 stereo chorus/flanger unit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1U1Ue_5kq8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpwuRlXbhk&feature=related

A2theT

Quote from: clamhands on March 02, 2010, 11:25:18 PM
Is anyone here willing to try taking a stab at trying to create a patch for Jerry Cantrell's "blue dress" Alice in Chains sound?

Check the Metal Patches section.  I justed post the guitar and vocal patches I use when jamming on their tunes.
HEAVY on the METAL

clamhands

Quote from: A to the T on March 03, 2010, 06:34:47 PM
Check the Metal Patches section.  I justed post the guitar and vocal patches I use when jamming on their tunes.

Big huge thanks for responding so quickly and sharing once again!!!  The demo sounds great and I can't wait to get home and try your patch with my VG guitars as well as try "mags only" with a guitar that I have that has a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge (Jerry's former favorite pickups- apparently he favors Motor City's now).

A2theT

Ya I noticed he mentioned the motors in the video.  One thing I should have mentioned is I think the regular guitar mix is set to 0, so you'll have to crank the volume up for them in the COSM guitar section if you're mixing your Mags with the GK. BTW I just tried it with the reg mags on my Ibanez RG420CM  INF2 pickups and I like the patches better with these than the variable COSM electric !

Andrew.
HEAVY on the METAL

nightmarevs

Another Request:
12 string elecric rythm sound like this:

i tried but im not very experienced with my vg-99 so i didn't get that sound i think it's great for some clean rythm suff

Brent Flash

Quote from: nightmarevs on November 12, 2010, 01:44:18 PM
Another Request:
12 string elecric rythm sound like this:

i tried but im not very experienced with my vg-99 so i didn't get that sound i think it's great for some clean rythm suff
Welcome to the group nightmarevs!  :)
Have you tried any of the 12 string patches posted here? https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=32.0
Loading some of these patches will also let you see how they are created. Experiment with the guitar models after you have one loaded into you VG and you can come up with some pretty interesting variations.
Also setting up a twelve string is pretty easy, just get a guitar sound you like and go into ALTERNATE TUNING and turn on the 12 string. Let us know if you run into problems and we can help out.

nightmarevs

Thank you,
i tried all of them and now i've created a new one but it's not what i wanted. Do you have any tips how i can enhance this patch that it sounds like the guitar in the video?

Brent Flash

Quote from: nightmarevs on November 13, 2010, 05:38:09 AM
Thank you,
i tried all of them and now i've created a new one but it's not what i wanted. Do you have any tips how i can enhance this patch that it sounds like the guitar in the video?
See if this is any better.

nightmarevs

Yes i'ts better but i don't have any idear how to optimize it. I like this sound because of it's brilliance and attack and both is missing in my patch. I tried a custom guitar because i know the original has a piezo bridge and an emg active single coil but it looks like this was the false way

Brent Flash

Quote from: nightmarevs on November 13, 2010, 01:44:16 PM
Yes i'ts better but i don't have any idear how to optimize it. I like this sound because of it's brilliance and attack and both is missing in my patch. I tried a custom guitar because i know the original has a piezo bridge and an emg active single coil but it looks like this was the false way
Look at the COSM GUITAR EQ and the FX EQ. That is about all I did except for changing the model from CUSTOM to LP. Also some adjustments in the AMP section and a little tweaking in the 12 String area. Experiment and you will find out what does what.
You could also add an acoustic on Channel B to get more piezo sound if you think it needs it. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Jim Williams

Hey deathstroke,
Being new the VG here are some tips for patch creation:
1. start with initializing a patch.
2. select a guitar model.
3. select a amp model.
4. I then create the room in the mixer Delay/Reverb section Try to stay away from the delay when creating a room and set the reverb time kinda low  and the mix high (control the level in the mixer).
5. now apply some EQ this is the most important part of patch editing and the VG has EQ options all over the place. I find that boosting the 2k in the low mid realy brings some of the amps to life.
6. then add some effects (less is more) and when recreating an artists sound and tailoring you tone the FX chain is very important too.

There are some grate patches on this site to get you started but I recommend using your own work....it's so much more satisfying.

Jimmy.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

Paresh

I thought there were some acoustic dobro patches out there somewhere but I'm not finding one. anyone have a good one? Thanks.
paresh

paults

guitarjano and Brent Flash have posted patches (attached).  There may be others in acoustic, altered tuning, or country.  Download the "all patches" file, and try all the ones in those categories - they may not have dobro or resonator in the name.  I added that to the end of guitarjano's patch name when I originally downloaded it, or I wouldn't have been able to find it.

Paresh

paresh

truth57

Hi there. I am looking for some patches to get me into the ballpark of Scott Henderson's early Tribal Tech sounds please. I've been trying for some time now, but getting nowhere fast. I was trying to use one channel for lead and the other for clean with chorus etc. The difficult part is the tone - sometimes he sounds like AH, and others like the best Blues guitar sound imaginable, but always a very special tone. Nowadays he sounds to me as though he is trying to emulate Jeff Beck's playing style and sound - no bad thing, but to me light years away from the tone he had in Tribal Tech/Elektric Band/Zawinul Syndicate in the '80s.
I would also be interested in the Frank Gambale version of this sound - strange that no-one so far has submitted any of these type of sounds - very little of AH either!

Thanks in advance..... :)