GT-1 - Defeating the "Boss COSM sound"

Started by Elantric, September 13, 2017, 09:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/defeating-the-boss-sound-gt-1.1859784/
Mertay wrote>
Quote..So unexpectedly my friend offered a very good deal to me and I own a gt-1 now :) been tweaking it for a few days now whenever I had the time, so far;

Mast. section low/high gain; By ear I thought these were shelve-eq's but when analyzed turned out to be the cut-off filters I "felt" when I made this topic. If anyone can't get that glassy sound the high-gain is the knob you'd want to increase, but for high gain-od or dist. my tip on the first message still applies best cause one don't wants the sound to be ear-piercing. For what they offer, the cab.s are balanced well enough not to increase these knobs too much infact I can't see much need for the low-gain knob cause it gets rid of the useless sub-freq.s default (and as we know, heavy sounds are all about the mid.s not bass...)

Natural clean amp; If you're like me jumping from one backing track to another on youtube or somewhere else, this amp is perfect for tone balancing. I use it with the 4x12 cab and lower some mid.s from the mast. section(q-1, freq. 1.00khz, mid gain around -7), the eq's on the amp are selected wisely for mixing to any backing track. My analog pedals provide most of the od/dist with this amp.

Tone Modify; I bet this is underrated among gt-1 users but it shouldn't be :) have a bright sounding guitar and the dist. isn't fluid on the gt-1? use resonator 3 setting pre-distortion (or amp). EQ'ing takes too much time as you're not experienced enough yet? place it after the amp and check settings like tight or presence if you feel your tone is muddy etc...when checking, I thought why Boss hasn't added this to their FB-2 pedal as a waza upgrade? anyway, check it out.

pelaomedinaese

i think that eq is the most important thing in all boss units, i've used ir's with  my gt 1 and the results are great and don't forget to apply hipass and low pass filters.