Started by CodeSmart, August 03, 2013, 10:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Ruppert

MAN that is awesome!
Great work Codesmart. Its beautiful.

CodeSmart

Hi Mojo
Quote from: mojo thorne on September 04, 2013, 06:26:03 PM
Can the standard guitar inputs and effects loop be used together?  Just wondering if the effectsin the loop could be used with the normal pickups from a GK guitar and a non GK guitar without reconfiguring anything during a gig.

The short answer is: YES YOU CAN!

Here's the longer answer:
Each of the 4 channels has two connectors: JACK + 13-PIN
1. You may connect a std. guitar to the JACK
2. You may connect a GK guitar to the 13-PIN
3. 2CM (two cable method). You connect the synth GK guitar to the 13-pin AND
connect the guitar jack into the JACK using a high quality guitar cable.

In any of the above scenarios you have SEND and RECEIVE effect loop possibility before GR-55, and you have the option of connect SEND directly to you amplifier. (If used together with 2CM you get virtually the real thing into the amp)

IT IS ALSO A 4-WAY STANDARD GUITAR SWITCHER
Disconnect GR-55!!!! , connect the 12VDC adapter and connect 4 standard guitars to the JACKS,
and connect the SEND jack to the amp.

Then you have a 4-way standard guitar switcher for you non-13 pin gigs.

Who wants a non 13-pin gig, by the way?  8)

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

mojo thorne

CodeSmart

It's been a substantional amount of drilling :P
Units now handed over to professionals for painting.
My Babies will soon turn Purple Red, RAL 3004.

billbax

Hi CodeSmart,

Great job, on an industrial scale there I'd say.

Good work.

Bill 

CodeSmart

Sorry I had no time to present painted switchers before Down Under. Leaving on Sunday....
However here's  guys I'm going to use on Fridays bikers gig.
- Ibby the fasty (GK)
- Fendy the wakky  (GK)
- Gibby the Fatty (Natural)
All switched in on demand by GKMX-42
It will be fun just to grab another guitar between the songs.

Elantric

Curious what make / model speaker is on top of the Marshall Head? Is that for Synths or backing tracks?

CodeSmart

Quote from: Elantric on September 11, 2013, 02:19:32 PM
Curious what make / model speaker is on top of the Marshall Head? Is that for Synths or backing tracks?

Good question!
It's a stereo monolith "beatbox/beats by dr dree". I plug the stereo output of GR-55 into it when practicing at home to emulate a PA system. It sounds great and is load enough for home use.

CodeSmart

My daughter tells me I have 50 short GK-cables delivered yesterday. A pity I'm out traveling, I would like to test them and verify the quality promised by the maker.

BackDAWman

Enjoy your stay on Oz! The weather has been quite moderate of late. I'm on the north coast of NSW and the temperature is very nice.

CodeSmart

Quote from: BackDAWman on September 17, 2013, 07:17:31 PM
Enjoy your stay on Oz! The weather has been quite moderate of late. I'm on the north coast of NSW and the temperature is very nice.

Thanks, I'm in Cairns, moving slowly down to Brisbane->Ulhuru->Sydney. Back home Oct 17

Practus

Hey CodeSmart,

Outstanding work, man! Awesome!!

If this is not asking too much, could you record a video showing the real applications of your little magic box of miracles? This would help to ilustrate all the possibilities of the box, potentially increasing your sales :-)

Just two more cents...

Cheers!
Red Ibanez RG150 (with GK-3 and Fernandes Sustainer FSK-101)
Honey Burst Epiphone LP Standard
Black Fender Standard Strat "a la Blackie"
POD HD500
GR-55
FRFR KRK Rokit 5 Monitors

CodeSmart

Quote from: Practus on October 09, 2013, 11:40:49 AM
If this is not asking too much, could you record a video showing the real applications of your little magic box of miracles? This would help to ilustrate all the possibilities of the box, potentially increasing your sales :-)

Just two more cents...

Cheers!

Gidday Practus, yes I know it's very important to put something on YouTube, will do asap, but I'm still out travelling in Aussie-land for yet another week. I'll arrange something at end of october. No worries :)

CodeSmart

Hi,
Made it back from Australia with a pretty good jet lag. Meet some really nice people and the weather was fantastic.
Here in Sweden we are struggling around freezing point, quite a difference...

Since I wake up very early it's been possible to work on the Project  ;D

I got 15 boards mounted, most of them 100%. For a few of them I need to order a few missing components.
The boards along with the contents in the plastic bags (switches, cabling, jacks etc.) for the 15 units represents a whole lot of more work hours than you ever can imagine.
I have stopped thinking about the number of hours put into this.  :P

I have also received 50 pcs of the 1 meter GK cables that will be shipped with the units, and they look great.

Regarding the enclosures I need to contact my painting guy.
He should have painted the 10 red GKMX-42 boxes while I was away.

I also need to drill another 5 boxes for the GMX-41 version and get them painted in black.

Finally I need to send all the boxes for screen printing and then mount all hardware and boards.
Then I need to test the units, buy packing material and then finally, if I'm lucky these guys will get a new home somewhere.

According to some I also need to make a YouTube video...

Being away for a month I guess the pile on the desk at my regular work will be pretty challenging tomorrow!!!! :P

Talk to you later,
Robert (CodeSmart)

CodeSmart

I have sent the red boxes for screen printing. They say it will take 1-2 weeks  ::)
The color used is two-component truck paint on an epoxy base paint. The screen print will also be of two-component type.

I have started to drill the last 5 boxes for the GKMX-41 version. I've decided to include S1/S2 switches also on this version. Need to get them painted and screen painted afterwards.

I also bought a used Roland GR-33 (as companion to my GR-55) on the Internet and a new EV5 for easy testing and to do the YouTube Movie.

The movie will probably show the following:

• You can connect a regular guitar to GR-55 without doing the drilling hole mod to the GR-55.
  • You can connect up to four GK guitars, Regular guitars or using the purist GK3 Two-Cable Method (13-pin cable + regular cable for pickups).
  • You can connect the regular pickup signal directly to an amp without passing through a noisy GR-55.
  • You can make a PRE-SYNTH effect loop using regular stomp boxes.
  • You can connect up to two synths A and B, and enable either one of them or both.
  • The box is powered by synth A or B or an external 12VDC supply.
  • The box may be used as a retro/std (no GK, no synth) guitar switcher if powered by external 12VDC adapter.
  • The S1/S2 footswitches can control the units in 4 modes: A, B, A .and. B or A .or. B
  • The volume of synth A and B can be controlled by expressions pedals (2x EV5)
  • The expression max volume of a synth can be independant or derived from the guitar volume control.
  • The footprint of the box is only 170x120 mm
  • Two short (1meter) 13-pin cables is included for connection of the synth units.
I think that would cover most of the features.  :D

Francis 7

This is just brilliant. I can hardly wait. This is gonna solve so many issues for me, I can't thank you enough.

Hopefully, I'll be able to post a video or two myself, if I have the time. I encourage anyone else who gets one to do the same:)

O.

CodeSmart

Pretty weird, I'm probably insane!!!
While waiting for the screen print of the red GKMX-42 boxes and having the the five GKMX-41 boxes just sent away to be painting in black after doing the drilling this weekend, I just spent a 6 hours on a this tuesday evening soldering 270 connections on 90 guitar jacks onto 15 flat cables... and still I have the 30 flat cables for S1/S2,CTRL and VOL A,B jacks to do. I do that another day, thank you. Goodnight!

If you are interested in the GKMX guitar switchers, send a e-mail to sound@primova.se.
I still have a very few (2-3) unbooked units. I might not have the strength to do all this work again.
If you want to switch between your GK/Regular guitars (and synths) on stage during 2013 in a 170x120mm footprint...what are you waiting for?

RogerGLewis

Hi Robert ,

Bill Bax told me about your project yesterday, and sent me a link to the thread.

Your last post makes me proud to be an adopted Viking.( I live on Hallensåsen Skåne)

What a fantastic project I wish I had the need of a switcher to drive 2 synths and 4 guitars.

Great Work and look forward to seeing the Video.

Min svävare är full med ålar

Jag lär mig svenska men det kommer långsamt.

CodeSmart

Ha-ha "My hovercraft is full of eels"
Your Viking Swedish is great  ;D I'm located in Kristinehamn, Varmland.
Thank you for the encouragement.

Elantric

CodeSmart - since you are close to full production release - I have moved this thread to the "New Gear Area" - hopefully to showcase more exposure for your efforts on the new GKMX-41 and GKMX-42

CodeSmart

Thank you Elantric. Yes it's getting close now unless something dramatic happens. 10 pcs GKMX-42 and 5 pcs GKMX-41 will be mounted as soon as I get the top covers back from screen-printing. Unfortunately the printing company has a heavy workload right now.

Gassghost

GR-303 updated electronics, Stetsbar, Sustainiac
GR-808 (original) + Stetsbar (FOR SALE)
79 Strat w/ GK-2A
Eastman El Ray 1 and El Ray 3
94 Fender Tele w/GK-2A, Stetsbar
2 Fender GTX 100's
VG-99, GR-55, FC-300
And studio full of stuff

CodeSmart

Quote from: Gassghost on November 04, 2013, 01:54:46 PM
Dang!  ;)
Yup, still dang waiting, but today I finalized the home page including products, pricing and PDF manuals: http://www.primovasound.com
Read and learn...

mojo thorne

Codesmart... I'm very excited about this.  Will you be letting those who expressed an early interest know when they are ready, or do we need to go ahead and order them now?

CodeSmart

Quote from: mojo thorne on November 05, 2013, 04:09:26 PM
Will you be letting those who expressed an early interest know when they are ready, or do we need to go ahead and order them now?

Hi Mojo,
Everybody having showing interest by sending an e-mail to sound@primova.se will be notified by e-mail about ordering details later. If there are more interested than available boxes I will send out by interest date.

I will review this thread to see who had an early interest but still you must send me the e-mail for possible direct contact. At this end I need to (beside building and testing) get a PayPal account, get packing material ready and investigate about best/cheapest shipping method.