GR55 as a Softsynth Controller?

Started by sawatchboy, April 20, 2011, 01:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawatchboy

I'm looking a buying a GR55 and have been out of guitar synthesis for a while.  In the meantime like most people I have acquired a host of soft synths.  I want to start controlling these from my guitar.  I'm interested in the internal sounds in the GR55 but my real goal is to be able to effectively control my soft synths from my guitar.Is the GR55 a good solution for this purpose or should I look in another direction?

Thanks,

Elantric

If you are working at home and focused on driving softsynths on a computer and not gigging , and seeking the best guitar to MIDI converter, you may want to be looking for a used  - but well cared for Axon unit.

I like the GR-55 for a grab and go "lets have a Guitar Jam on the other side of town at a friends house" type unit.

Being self contained, its a bit easier to setup / tear down than many other rigs, and thanks to our VGuitarForums GR-55 User patch area, there is a growing number of user created GR-55 patches.

sawatchboy

Any preference between the AX 100 or AX 50?  I know the AX 50 have USB connectivity.  In addition, have you gotten any feedback on the new Keith McMillan StringPort?

Thanks