SY-300 - Tri Bass: Bonus Patch, but Looks Like I Saved the Best for Last

Started by Rhcole, February 10, 2018, 12:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

A bonus patch for the other seven I added earlier-

I really enjoy programming all kinds of different stuff for the SY. It's fun.
But, my own playing has lots of fingerpicking, contemplative, and often soft material. I blend jazz, folk, classical, ambient and eccentric neo-prog influences in. It's what I like.
So, a patch like SYmoog was fun to program but I probably won't use it a great deal personally.

But - THIS PATCH - personally blows me away. It's understated, but you could build an entire style around it. It is built on Triangle waves for a low bass sound. But it's how they interact with the regular guitar that is special. You really need an Exp pedal to mine this patch properly. The Exp pedal brings a gentle flanged guitar and bass in and out, it breathes. It is really expressive. Ctl 1 raises and lowers the volume of the bass sound, from a subtle blend to more prominent. Using these simple tools it can make the guitar ring in and also back off.

I could see playing an entire set using this patch alone.

Rhcole

FYI- I swapped guitars with different pickups and the patch didn't sound nearly as interesting... :o
Reminds me that all patches can really depend on what you use to drive them.

ElliotG

gobi

Quote from: Rhcole on February 10, 2018, 06:01:15 PM
FYI- I swapped guitars with different pickups and the patch didn't sound nearly as interesting... :o
Reminds me that all patches can really depend on what you use to drive them.
it's not a bug, it's a feature! Meanwhile I#m allways using a equalizer BEVORE the SY.

But yes, this makes the exchange realy not easy - sometimes meaningless
...sorry  for my bad english, i'm from germany