SY-300 - Side-chain Effect

Started by Farmer, February 07, 2018, 01:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmer

Hello
I'm curious if we can make in SY-300 somekind of side-chain effect?
I'm looking for effect like this

I know it will not work with mic but using the tap tempo in sy-300 would be great. I made something similar using slow attack effect but i have to attack the guitar always to make the volume swell efect i would like to swell with the tap tempo.

ElliotG

Interesting pedal. If you not using the mic, I'm not sure it is a side-chain effect.  It becomes an LFO controlled amp.

Try using the Tremolo effect on the SY-300.  Adjust the depth to 100% (or to taste) and adjust the wave shape.  The slicer effect is also an interesting option.

Alternatively you could use an LFO.  This will give you more control and options.
Set the OSC wave shape to input,
move to the LFO section set the amp depth to 100, play with the wave shapes and try the dynamic depth control.

For more interesting throbbing sounds try the filter
Set the OSC wave shape to input,
move to the filter section, set the filter to LPF (for example), slope -24db, filter cutoff 70, filter reso 70
move to the LFO section set the waveform to SIN, and  filter depth to 50.
For some really crazy sounds go the the filter settings as described above, select the S&H (sample and hold) waveform, turn up the rate to 16th notes.

The values above are some quick suggested starting points.  Experiment and enjoy!

I just added some examples below. 

Brak(E)man

Also try the wave pedal.
You can assign it to whatever you'd want
and change rate or "depth" etc
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

ElliotG