ATG-1's that are for sale on eBay

Started by TechFixer, February 04, 2018, 05:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechFixer

I'm curious if the batch of ATG-1's that are on eBay have the latest updates and the "complete package" of models.
I've asked a few vendors and they never responded.
If I'm going to go that way I need to know if it's all there. I have an AT-200 with the complete pack and would move my pack over to an ATG-1 if there was a way.
Wondering if the Antares system is a dead end as there's no support and you can't move/update as they shut the server down.
Has anyone found a work around or has some company bought the right to the ATG system for possible future products/enhancements, etc?

Thoughts?

TechFixer
Hi, I'm TechFixer.... I'm a gear-A-Holic and I have a problem. (Hi TechFixer!!) Pretty much every Roland guitar synth from the GR-50 to the VG-99. Roland VGA amps too. Lefty Line 6 500 Variax (converted to strung righty) FrankenPeavey ATG and Fishman TP

cags12

I can tell you that surprisingly Antares's update servers are still UP so If you are thinking on getting those leftovers ATG-1, doing fast as we do not know for how long servers will remain UP.

vtgearhead

There are (4) available at BIN of $299 w/ "Make an offer".  What a killer deal, particularly if they can be updated.

cags12

Quote from: snhirsch on February 04, 2018, 06:52:13 AM
There are (4) available at BIN of $299 w/ "Make an offer".  What a killer deal, particularly if they can be updated.

Where is that? BIN? I cannot find anything at that low price.

vtgearhead

Auction #: 322861162861

Ships to US only, so maybe it doesn't appear for folks outside the country?

cags12

Quote from: snhirsch on February 04, 2018, 08:24:24 AM
Auction #: 322861162861

Ships to US only, so maybe it doesn't appear for folks outside the country?

Oh yeah, that's right!

Pete1959

Curious about someone mentioning USA shpping only.

Why? Is there a buyer in Canada looking for one? I am considering selling even though there's a voice in the back of my head thinking, "you'll regret it..."

Not interested in shipping out of Canada but....

DudeInMyrtleBeach

There were 2 left a couple of weeks ago, and I made a Best offer of $275, and they took it. I wish now I'd bought them both. Grabbed a GK-3 off of Amazon and a cable off of eBay and got everything put together about an hour ago. Works about a million times better than the Peavey AT-200's that I've had. I can confirm that as of 8pm today, the Antares server are still up. I updated to  3.32 and all is fine.

I will say that I had to crank down *all* the gains when setting up the GK-3. I installed this on a neck-thru guitar with a Floyd, and have just under 1mm of clearance between the strings and the pickup. Someone on one of these forums mentioned that the single coils don't sound like a Strat. I'll say right now that probably has to do with whatever gains were in use. Mine squacks like a duck lol. I gutted the stock HSH electronics in the guitar. I'm probably going to have my web guy put together a 'pickup montage' (something Nigel-esque) in Photoshop, print it out, and use it to cover the empty pickup routes.

vanceg

$275 for an ATG 1 is awesome. Worth having around just for now and then at that price!

Quote from: DudeInMyrtleBeach on February 25, 2018, 06:41:21 PM
There were 2 left a couple of weeks ago, and I made a Best offer of $275, and they took it. I wish now I'd bought them both. Grabbed a GK-3 off of Amazon and a cable off of eBay and got everything put together about an hour ago. Works about a million times better than the Peavey AT-200's that I've had. I can confirm that as of 8pm today, the Antares server are still up. I updated to  3.32 and all is fine.

I will say that I had to crank down *all* the gains when setting up the GK-3. I installed this on a neck-thru guitar with a Floyd, and have just under 1mm of clearance between the strings and the pickup. Someone on one of these forums mentioned that the single coils don't sound like a Strat. I'll say right now that probably has to do with whatever gains were in use. Mine squacks like a duck lol. I gutted the stock HSH electronics in the guitar. I'm probably going to have my web guy put together a 'pickup montage' (something Nigel-esque) in Photoshop, print it out, and use it to cover the empty pickup routes.