GT-1000 - My first experience - I believe the unit was sabotaged!

Started by aliensporebomb, May 27, 2018, 08:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliensporebomb

Well that was dissappointing.  And given that there were two competing products there at the same price point I sense someone was purposely modifying the unit to produce terrible results.

The store had it plugged into a Fender Mustang 1 guitar amplifier set to a clean setting (a lousy choice but it is what it is). 

I sense deliberate sabotage.

EVERY patch on the unit (even ones purporting to be clean tones) was the same super high gain distorted flanged sound with weirdly intrusive pulsing tremelo that wouldn't allow it to be disabled.  Anyone know how to reset one of these to factory defaults?  Since every patch sounded exactly the same I suspect this unit had someone overwrite all the patches with an awful flange/trem tone.  But the patch names were what I've seen in the videos.

I actually took the test guitar and plugged it into the mustang by itself and made sure it was set to a more or less flat clean setting.  It was.  No problem there.

Mono input into the 1000 then the left/mono out to the Mustang.   Just awful.  Unbelievably bad. 

I took this pic prior to actually playing through it to have evidence I actually saw one in person.  I will try checking it out again (maybe bring a pair of headphones too) and see if the same result occurs.   All the fingerprints tell me others were trying it out so....

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

admin

Mustang 1 DOES NOT take external pedals well - The Mustang Clean Channel will clip and  compress resulting in a sound like a hyper compressed can of bees 

could have been worse - (GT-1000 plugged into  Spider JAM

I always bring Headphones when auditioning new DSP Modelers at Guitar Center

gumtown

There should be a Factory Reset option within the [MENU] System settings somewhere.

Make sure the correct OUTPUT SELECT option is set after the reset.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Panthersn

There is a factory preset, although its a little misleading:

Give the unit another shot!!   Only thing I would recommend is changing the Main Out to "Recording" so you can change the Speaker & Microphone type.

HecticArt

I'd suspect some clown that has no idea how to use the thing messed it up unintentionally over sabotage. You never know what people do to those things on the floor. I've very hesitant to buy floor models and open box for this kind of tech.