Boss Launches the GT 1000

Started by Mark Haydon, January 24, 2018, 12:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Haydon

Boss launches the GT 1000.........

gumtown

https://www.boss.info/us/products/gt-1000/

•Flagship guitar amp/effects processor with uncompromising sound quality and unmatched expressiveness
•Industry-leading 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout
•Next-generation BOSS DSP engine, custom designed specifically for music applications
•AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics) technology realizes BOSS's acclaimed Tube Logic concept in a digital guitar processor, delivering natural feel and optimized integration with all types of external devices
•Highly expressive amplifiers, meticulously crafted with AIRD
•Massive selection of onboard effects, including BOSS MDP effects and algorithms directly ported from the DD-500, MD-500, and RV-500 pedals
•Amps and effects can be routed in numerous series and parallel combinations
•Ultra-fast patch switching and delay/reverb carryover
•Innovative Stompbox feature greatly simplifies using common effects settings in many different patches
•Easy operation with large display and six user-assignable switching knobs
•Ten footswitches and integrated expression pedal with user-configurable assignments and LED colors
•High-resolution tuner with two display modes and mono or polyphonic operation
•¼-inch main outputs and XLR sub outputs with independent AIRD Output Select settings; loop for external stereo or mono effects
•Support for external control via footswitches, expression pedals, MIDI, and USB
•Built-in Bluetooth for wireless editing from iOS and Android mobile devices
•USB audio/MIDI interface for computer-based recording and editing

SpecificationsSampling Frequency96 kHzAD Conversion32 bits + AF method
* AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.DA Conversion32 bitsEffects116 typesPatches250 (User) + 250 (Preset)Phrase Loop38 sec. (MONO)
19 sec. (STEREO)Tuner Internal Detection+/-0.1 centNominal Input LevelINPUT: -10 dBu
RETURN1: -10 dBu
RETURN2: -10 dBuMaximum Input LevelINPUT: +18 dBu
RETURN1: +8 dBu
RETURN2: +8 dBuInput ImpedanceINPUT: 1 M ohm
RETURN1: 1 M ohm
RETURN2: 1 M ohmNominal Output LevelMAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): -10 dBu
SUB OUTPUT (L, R): +4 dBu
PHONES: -10 dBu
SEND1: -10 dBu
SEND2: -10 dBuOutput ImpedanceMAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 1 k ohm
SUB OUTPUT (L, R): 600 ohms
PHONES: 20 ohms
SEND1: 1 k ohm
SEND2: 1 k ohmRecommended Load ImpedanceMAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R): 10 k ohms or greater
SUB OUTPUT (L, R): 600 ohms or greater
PHONES: 44 ohms or greater
SEND1: 10 k ohms or greater
SEND2: 10 k ohms or greaterControlsDOWN switch, UP switch CTL1--3 switches, 1--5 switches, POWER switch
EFFECT button, MENU button, EXIT button, WRITE button, PAGE button
1--6 knobs, OUTPUT LEVEL knob
Expression pedalDisplayGraphic LCD (512 x 160 dots, backlit LCD)ConnectorsINPUT jack, MAIN OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks, SEND1 jack, RETURN1 jack, SEND2 jack, RETURN2 jack: 1/4-inch phone type
SUB OUTPUT (L, R) connectors: XLR type
PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
CTL4, 5/EXP2 jack, CTL6, 7/EXP3 jack, AMP CTL1, 2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB B type
DC IN jack
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectorsPower SupplyAC adaptorCurrent Draw1.2 AAccessoriesAC Adaptor
Owner's manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"Options (sold separately)Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7
Expression Pedal: EV-30, FV-500L, FV-500H, Roland EV-5

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gumtown

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/boss-gt-1000-multi-effects-guitar-pedal

price seems about 50% more than the GT-100 was.

has 2 send/return loops
2 x XLR sub outputs as well as regular jack outs
EXP 2 & 3 or CTL 4, 5, 6, 7 jacks

Shingles

I'm excited that Boss have produced this, but I am going to have to research much further - read the manual and stuff - before I can know if it could replace or even complement my old GT-Pro.
Will the amp sims be much better?
Since I have worked professionally designing A to D and D to A converters for Audio applications, 32-bit, 96khz on its own does not impress me.
Nik
--------------------------------
Tonelab, VG99, Axon AX100, EDP, Repeater
Godin, PRS, Crafter and Roland guitars
Center Point Stereo Spacestation V3

gumtown

Quote from: Shingles on January 24, 2018, 01:25:01 AM
I'm excited that Boss have produced this, but I am going to have to research much further - read the manual and stuff - before I can know if it could replace or even complement my old GT-Pro.
Will the amp sims be much better?
Since I have worked professionally designing A to D and D to A converters for Audio applications, 32-bit, 96khz on its own does not impress me.

The GT-PRO is based on the GT-8 from 2005, things have improved in effects and amp tones since then.
If it uses the MDP 32 bit effects, there will be an huge difference from the GT-100.

Rodrigo Schwarz

Let's hope that AIRD technology is present in the next Roland/Boss VG processor, because the weak point of these products, in my opinion, has always been the amps tones. Assuming, of course, that one day another VG guitar processor will be released by Roland/Boss.
GR-55 – VG-8EX - Esp Eclipse Standard 2 Amber Cherry Sunburst with GK-2A – Godin Multiac ACS SA - Gianinni Stratosonic (brazilian strat copy) whith EMG pickups – Roland JC 40

rxpaul

I'd given up on the successor to the GT-100 and was looking at buying the Helix - now I'll have to wait till this is available in my side of the world (6 months to a year).

So over the GT-100, it has gained two footswitches and lost 2 knobs (along with the 2nd screen, which though seemingly overkill, was really helpful in quick adjustments without delving too far into the menus). XLR outs is a nice addition. The sounds and effects, which are the main consideration, are still a mystery. Not much to learn from the video which was typical of Boss's recent videos - just a guy in a white room playing some stuff with different effects and little to no info about the capabilities. Boss should take a leaf out of Line 6's way of introducing products and launch videos.

admin

No third party Cab IR loading seems a serious omission at this price point  - means this will never get respect from the typicial AXE/FX/Helix  / Headrush customer.
$999 here in USA
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/boss-gt-1000-multi-effects-guitar-pedal#productDetail

EDIT:

There will be ability to load CAB IR files after the May 2018 releases below
https://www.boss.info/global/products/gt-1000/
QuoteLatest GT-1000 Updates
BOSS Tone Studio for GT-1000 (Mac/Windows)—available May 2018
GT-1000 AIRD Output Select Library software (Mac/Windows)—available May 2018
GT-1000 IR Loader software (Mac/Windows)—available May 2018

admin

Quote from: gumtown on January 24, 2018, 01:12:07 AM
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/boss-gt-1000-multi-effects-guitar-pedal

has 2 send/return loops
2 x XLR sub outputs as well as regular jack outs
EXP 2 & 3 or CTL 4, 5, 6, 7 jacks

I predict 2018 SUMMER NAMM - will release the separate Boss GT-1000B  in same color scheme as GT-1B

Smash

So from the video we know it does distortion.

[sarcasm]lovely to hear the nuances of the heavily featured AIRD system in those subtle clean/crunch tones with that dynamic playing[/sarcasm]

What gets me is someone has taken time and effort to program that backing track, produce it etc. and it so ****ing 1 dimensional it hurts. Argh!!!!

PMT listing at 879gbp

What are the chances of bluetooth hijacking at a gig and causing chaos?

admin

What are the chances of bluetooth hijacking at a gig and causing chaos?

Keep it disabled - assuming thats an option

admin

Quote from: gumtown on January 24, 2018, 01:12:07 AM

Here in USA , GT-1000 is $999  = its double the $500 price of GT-100

luckily the GT-100 remains in production 

And they removed the 3.5mm TRS Stereo Aux Input ( I use that A LOT  - even for cascading output from GR-55/GP-10 or a backing track player into GT-100

HecticArt

I am curious to see/hear a more in depth review.
It looks promising at first blush.

JiveTurkey

@Elantric:

Please dear God; tell me that they have included the SY300 functionality in this unit. Please. Dear. God.

hading

Quote from: JiveTurkey on January 24, 2018, 07:08:22 AM
@Elantric:

Please dear God; tell me that they have included the SY300 functionality in this unit. Please. Dear. God.

That seems unlikely, though, doesn't it? I mean, it costs not much more than the SY300 itself.

It's fun to imagine what one could do with a unit that had 13-pin alt-tunings and hex effects, up to date modeling/effects, and SY300 stuff all in it, though. That could be a reasonable VG99 successor.

JiveTurkey

Quote from: hading on January 24, 2018, 07:24:23 AM
That seems unlikely, though, doesn't it? I mean, it costs not much more than the SY300 itself.

It's fun to imagine what one could do with a unit that had 13-pin alt-tunings and hex effects, up to date modeling/effects, and SY300 stuff all in it, though. That could be a reasonable VG99 successor.
I want tears of joy instead of tears of sadness  ;D

admin

Quote from: JiveTurkey on January 24, 2018, 07:08:22 AM
@Elantric:

its not there

What makes you think there is a SY-300 inside GT-1000?

I do understand they have included effects comparable to

DD-500, RV-500, MD-500 - No SY-300
Quote•Massive selection of onboard effects, including BOSS MDP effects and algorithms directly ported from the DD-500, MD-500, and RV-500 pedals

QuoteI am curious to see/hear a more in depth review.

Read GT-1000 User Reviews
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=22587.0

JiveTurkey

Quote from: admsustainiac on January 24, 2018, 07:59:02 AM
its not there

What makes you think there is a SY-300 inside GT-1000?

I do understand they have included effects comparable to

DD-500, RV-500, MD-500 - No SY-300
Just wishful thinking that I could cover my guitar and synth tone bases with one unit. Crazy talk obviously  :-X

admin

Quote from: JiveTurkey on January 24, 2018, 08:07:41 AM
Just wishful thinking that I could cover my guitar and synth tone bases with one unit. Crazy talk obviously  :-X

Im very surprised the new Wireless Guitar system is only sold as part of the Katana AIR, and not sold separately - like a Line-6 G10

Perhaps this is because the Boss has higher latency than G10

JiveTurkey

Quote from: admsustainiac on January 24, 2018, 08:09:47 AM
Im very surprised the new Wireless Guitar system is only sold as part of the Katana AIR, and not sold separately - like a Line-6 G10

Perhaps this is because the Boss has higher latency than G10
I use (and absolutely LOVE) my Shure GLX wireless unit. Even while using 13pin cables for my synth  >:( ;D I would dig giving the Boss wireless unit a go especially if it were to be included with the GT1000. Alas; it wasn't meant to be. And that's ok.

loopman

Quote from: Rodrigo Schwarz on January 24, 2018, 02:11:51 AM
Let's hope that AIRD technology is present in the next Roland/Boss VG processor, because the weak point of these products, in my opinion, has always been the amps tones. Assuming, of course, that one day another VG guitar processor will be released by Roland/Boss.

I hope it too,
anyway I'm sure that we will find in the next Roland VG processor some new features introduced in the GT 1000 like the AIRD technology, the algorithms ported from the DD-500, MD-500, and RV-500 pedals and BOSS MDP effects.
For now, I'm sad to see no new VG/GR product

Let's wait for the next MusikMesse

Redvers

•Innovative Stompbox feature greatly simplifies using common effects settings in many different patches

Man I wish every multifx had this.

hsuru4u

$1k??? really......Helix has ruined it for that whole midpoint pricing. Now HR and boss think they can copy the helix form factor and then copy their pricing as well. I am no boss fanboi but like my gt-1 for what it offers for under $200. Same with the katana 100(for $250) and the zoom g5n($250). I was expecting 599.99 pricepoint(as i was expecting on the hr) but seeing this really bums me out. But in a year or 2 i am sure i can pick one up for $500

admin

https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000151195

BOSS Effects Processor flagship "GT-1000" that can work with smartphones and personal computers

2018.1.24 18: 58

Roland / BOSS brand guitar effect processor · flagship model "GT-1000" appeared. It is a model that realized dynamic and dynamic sound exceeding conventional with the latest technology and custom DSP, it also corresponds to cooperation with a personal computer by USB connection, sound making by smartphone / tablet by Bluetooth, etc.

Floor type guitar effects and processors GT series latest and top model. It has an ultra high-speed custom DSP chip developed for music use at the heart, and as the floor type guitar effect processor / processor of 32bit / 96kHz, world's highest sound quality, overwhelming expression which could not be done with the conventional model It is the emergence of realizing power.

▲ A design that eliminated wastefully realized 462 × 248 × 70 (W × D × H) mm, 3.6 kg, lightweight and compact design. He plays active in every scene, such as professional tours and studios, and production at home.

Amplifier · Sound reproduces precisely the action specific to the vacuum tube amp strongly supported by the guitarist by the warm sound quality and comfortable response by the new technology "AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics / Aird)". Realistically express the subtle change in sound quality due to the operation of the amplifier circuit part to the input signal of the guitar and the electrical interaction between the speaker and the amplifier circuit. In the conventional model, when connecting to a guitar amplifier, the characteristics of the connected equipment affected the sound quality and the intended sound could not be obtained, but "AIRD" is the characteristic of the guitar amplifier to be connected Optimally adjust the whole amplifier including up to. Ideal amplifier sound can be obtained in any environment.

In the Effect section, 116 kinds of high-quality effects of BOSS are installed. From the historically highly evaluated models including "OD - 1" and "CE - 1" to new types based on "RV - 500", "MD - 500" and "CP - 1X" You can freely arrange your favorite effects and create variegated timbres.

▲ In addition to the standard phone, XLR output terminal, there are two SEND / RETURN, MIDI input / output, USB, headphone output, various control terminals available on the rear panel.

Also pay attention to full input / output. Equipped with an XLR terminal that can send signals directly to live house mixers and so on, you can play with comfortable sound even in an environment without using a guitar amp. If you connect with a PC with a USB cable, it also supports recording using DAW software.

The main body is equipped with 6 knobs and 10 foot switches. You can register functions freely for each, you can switch and adjust the sound. Furthermore, if you connect with smartphone / tablet with Bluetooth, you can also make precise sound make-up using dedicated application (iOS / Android compatible). You can also control built-in looper. It is also a point that it realizes compactness and weight saving with a design which omitted wastefully thoroughly.

▲ By using the special application "BOSS TONE STUDIO", it is possible to edit and manage sounds wirelessly from smartphones / tablets. Prepare an editor for Mac / Windows.