SY-300 - Tone Studio - too slow to use - Am I missing something?

Started by anlwpi, January 04, 2018, 01:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anlwpi

Installed tone studio on a windows 7, AMD a8, 8g ram computer, but it's pretty slow. Takes a long time to load any change made. So slow I couldn't use it. Am I missing something in how to set it up?

chrish

There's another program that supposed to load along with tone Studio. If that doesn't load correctly, it will be really slow and buggy.

Forget the name at the moment but it's some sort of platform that tone Studio runs on. Adobe Air maybe not sure.

Elantric

Quote from: chrish on January 04, 2018, 02:02:09 PM
There's another program that supposed to load along with tone Studio. If that doesn't load correctly, it will be really slow and buggy.

Forget the name at the moment but it's some sort of platform that tone Studio runs on. Adobe Air maybe not sure.

You must have already installed Adobe AIR during BTS installation - Boss Tone Studio app will not run without it

compare your Boss Tone Studio for SY-300 application speed with others

gumtown

The SY-300 is quite processor intensive on a real time editor,
lots of parameter feedback is sent from the SY-300 to BTS,
and at midi speeds, is a data bottleneck.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Rhcole

I have a setup roughly similar to yours. BTS is slow when loading/saving libraries, but perfectly OK when saving regular changes, perhaps 15 - 20 seconds or so? Not too bad.

chrish

Quote from: Elantric on January 04, 2018, 02:26:29 PM

You must have already installed Adobe AIR during BTS installation - Boss Tone Studio app will not run without it

compare your Boss Tone Studio for SY-300 application speed with others

my tone Studio application didn't run right until after I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Air a few times.

anlwpi

OP here.

I did install AIR (actually, it messaged it wouldn't work until I did) on my system.

Maybe its just much slower than I would have expected, perhaps due to the communication with the machine, which has been mentioned here. Saving might be 10-15 seconds, but every adjustment is also many seconds. It's not like you can just turn the knobs and see what happens, at least not on my current install.

gumtown

The AMD A8 seems to perform less than an intel i3 (on paper), that could also contribute to system lag.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/