RR GC-1 can you wire the mag pickups to the 13 PIN?

Started by davang55, December 19, 2017, 06:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davang55

Thinking about picking up a used RR GC-1 to have a strat again. I like the way the Godin Nylon SA and xtSA can connect to the GR-55 effects on the regular pickups but I was told the mag pickups on the strat only go to the 1/4" jack.  Is that true?
Is there a mod to jump a wire to the 13 pin?

Thanks

Jeff

davang55

OK I did some research on the Forums here and found that the normal mag pickups of the RR/GC-1 strat  DO go to PIN 7 of the 13 pin connector just like the Godin xtSA.

Correct?

DeRigueur

I don't know about the pin assignments, but the gc1 has the "standard" 3-way switch that allows for GK, mags, or both.
Fender GC-1 -- Boss SY-1000 -- Alto TS112A

admin

Quote from: davang55 on December 19, 2017, 06:38:26 PM
Thinking about picking up a used RR GC-1 to have a strat again. I like the way the Godin Nylon SA and xtSA can connect to the GR-55 effects on the regular pickups but I was told the mag pickups on the strat only go to the 1/4" jack.  Is that true?
Is there a mod to jump a wire to the 13 pin?

Thanks

Jeff

OK I did some research on the Forums here and found that the normal mag pickups of the RR/GC-1 strat  DO go to PIN 7 of the 13 pin connector just like the Godin xtSA.

Correct?

Correct!

The RR Strat / GC-1 does provide a path for the normal Mag PUs over Pin #7 of the GK 13 pin cable

Here is the GK-2A Schematic - This is very similar to the same basic signal flow as the RR Strat / GC-1

gumbo

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

davang55

Yes, I have seen that and am aware of the need to assign the normal pickup to the "ON" position for each patch. Thank you for the heads up. I don't do  real complicated set-ups, just like o have a pad or strings with my acoustic guitar. I play at church and the piano player is strictly acoustic has no idea about keyboards etc. so it's up to me to bring them kicking and screaming into the modern music world.

Sometimes i use the xtSA when i need a warmer guitar or need to play more melodic stuff, but I'd prefer to have a strat to do that. was gonna change the neck out to a wide warmoth style to approximate the feel of the acoustic guitars wide neck.

( . )( . )

I wish there was a way to use the tone controls to affect the gk pickup...