New V-Guitarist on the scene

Started by CodeSmart, July 05, 2017, 12:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeSmart

STOP NOW - DON'T READ THIS GEAR HEAD - IT'S IRREVELANT AND TOTALLY OUT OF TOPIC!

Yeah, this is really waaaaay out of the topic of this board and please forgive a sentimental old man,
and moderators, please feel free to nuke this post if totally inappropriate for a sterile nuts-and-bolt-tech site like this.

Anyway, here it goes:
Since tonight I'm a VERY proud Grandpa of this little girl 'Saga'. Her mother (my daughter age 23) is a violinist and composer.
I really hope that I can teach Saga some guitar licks reeeeally soon. Now just 3.15 kg future Guitar Hero!
Musicians come and go. So many great musicians died lately. They say it's the circle of life, if so, I put my hopes to Saga.

Hakuna matata!
Grandpa CodeSmart

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

shawnb

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

GuitarBuilder

Awesome, Robert!  Congratulations!
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

gumtown

Congratulations Granddad !!

baby sitting duties are not far in the future  ;)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

whippinpost91850

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

admin

HAMERMAN409

Congratulations - there's never anything wrong with being a proud Grandpa!

Idgolfguy

Brilliant, Robert. Lots of fun ahead.
Congratulations!

gumbo

Congratulations!
...only a few years of hell, then it gets better!  ....   ;D ;D ;D

Best wishes to you All
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Yohanes

Congratulations Robert!

Your little 'Saga' will make her boy friends envy if you so teach her. ;D

...and I have posted my interview with Codesmart at: https://kandani.blogspot.com/2017/07/primova-sound-midx-20.html#more

Thank you very much Robert for your time and attention, and of course the great MIDX-20.

Best wishes
Yohanes
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50

mooncaine

Congratulations to you and Miss Saga's parents, and to Miss Saga: welcome to the garden of earthly delights.

Rodrigo Schwarz

GR-55 – VG-8EX - Esp Eclipse Standard 2 Amber Cherry Sunburst with GK-2A – Godin Multiac ACS SA - Gianinni Stratosonic (brazilian strat copy) whith EMG pickups – Roland JC 40

utensil

Congrats and very nice name for an upcoming guitarist, hopefully we're all still kicking around when she joins this forum :)

vtgearhead

Congratulations, Grampa!  What a cute kid. 

sixeight

You will call here V-Saga for sure. ;D Congratulations, grandpa.
Now develop a MidxBaby to control the volume of the crying with an external midi controller...

Majiken

Congrats from the Krautland, Opa Robert!
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

Mrchevy

I see a Hello Kitty VGuitar rig in the near future.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

gumbo

..now, what was happening about those baby-sized Vguitar Forum T-shirts  ??

8)

Vade

The angels sleep, the lights are dimmed, and the events of the day swirl away into darkness. Images pleasant and bizarre fade as tiny whisperings rustle in my ear. Half awake my arms rise reflexively to cover my head just before the staccato thumps of twin pillows pummel me to duty amidst the tiny howls of glee. Leaped upon and wrestled into daylight I receive a brief reprieve as the munchkins bustle off to their secret closet where the vast treasures of childhood are stored with reckless abandon. Out comes the bubblegum pink device intoning lullabies but with failing batteries the absurdly slow tunes are more reminiscent of a demented hurdy gurdy than they are of milky babies sleeping in heavenly peace. Two blues band harmonicas add to the cacophony with twin notes off key and endlessly repeated. Two wild eyed monkeys jumping on the bed interrupted with sudden realization as the absolute imperative of chocolate covered almonds arises and with stern squeals I am plaintively urged to meet this new necessity. I trail off to the kitchen in towhead tow as the sound of the demented hurdy gurdy fades in the distance...
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

admin

Quote from: Vade on July 07, 2017, 08:09:01 AM
The angels sleep, the lights are dimmed, and the events of the day swirl away into darkness. Images pleasant and bizarre fade as tiny whisperings rustle in my ear. Half awake my arms rise reflexively to cover my head just before the staccato thumps of twin pillows pummel me to duty amidst the tiny howls of glee. Leaped upon and wrestled into daylight I receive a brief reprieve as the munchkins bustle off to their secret closet where the vast treasures of childhood are stored with reckless abandon. Out comes the bubblegum pink device intoning lullabies but with failing batteries the absurdly slow tunes are more reminiscent of a demented hurdy gurdy than they are of milky babies sleeping in heavenly peace. Two blues band harmonicas add to the cacophony with twin notes off key and endlessly repeated. Two wild eyed monkeys jumping on the bed interrupted with sudden realization as the absolute imperative of chocolate covered almonds arises and with stern squeals I am plaintively urged to meet this new necessity. I trail off to the kitchen in towhead tow as the sound of the demented hurdy gurdy fades in the distance...

Peter the GR-eat...

Gratulerar!
Då är tronföljden säkrad! :)

CodeSmart

Granddaughter is now ten months. It has begun... ;D
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

sixeight

Quote from: CodeSmart on May 10, 2018, 11:04:44 PM
Granddaughter is now ten months. It has begun... ;D

Please, do wait awhile before you let her play with your soldering iron.  ;D

gumbo

...I'm told that harpists make reasonable money...
...she might just be able to keep you in the guitars to which you have become accustomed..

..conversely, I've got a two-year-old grandson who's started playing his father's drum kit  -  I don't have a chance...   :'(