Inbox Full messages

Started by mbenigni, May 02, 2017, 10:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbenigni

Sorry to drop this right into "General Discussion", but I occasionally get PM's from forum members (most recently atracksler) that I can't reply to because their inboxes are full.  I'm not sure what the maximum message count is, but I guess this is a gentle reminder to tidy up.  :)

whippinpost91850

Hey Mark , good to see you're still around

admin

Quote from: mbenigni on May 02, 2017, 10:10:31 AM
Sorry to drop this right into "General Discussion", but I occasionally get PM's from forum members (most recently atracksler) that I can't reply to because their inboxes are full.  I'm not sure what the maximum message count is, but I guess this is a gentle reminder to tidy up.  :)

That is a "housekeeping" task each member of VGuitarForums must perform for themselves

We do not have access to your personal messages

gumbo

Quote from: admsustainiac on May 02, 2017, 10:48:45 AM
That is a "housekeeping" task each member of VGuitarForums must perform for themselves

We do not have access to your personal messages

Steve, is there a way that we can determine how much space we have left...??

Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

gumtown

I have noticed if it is a new member that has not posted in the Forum, their inbox is not activated and replies to their PM's come back as inbox full rather than undeliverable.

My inbox is over 10 pages long so far.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

that's a question best answered by Shawnb

but its true - if you just joined VGuitarForums and have less than 10 posts - you have very limited personal message box

It scales up in size as you make more posts on the forum

But in general, Its best to review and clear any "attached files" that might be included in messages your message "INBOX" box - back them up, (copy  / paste into MS Word) 

and participate in the forum discussions

there is a tendency for newbies to want one on one help via PM box - but frankly, most of these questions are "age old / been there/down that - here's the answer" and already been answered on the forum

shawnb

Personal Message capacity varies based on your membership status, which in turn, is based on your post count:
  • 0-9 posts, "Lurker", 5 PMs max
  • 10-24 posts, "Active Member", 100 PMs max
  • 25-99 posts, "Contributing Member", unlimited PMs
  • 100+ posts, "Senior Member", unlimited PMs

I believe that PM capacity is displayed, but only for folks who have limitations, e.g., Lurkers & Active Members.  So none of us on this thread have seen it in a looooooooong time.....
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

gumbo

Thanks for that clarification everyone, at least I can rest easy until I get back in the land of Oz...😀

Peter

CodeSmart

Quote from: gumbo on May 04, 2017, 12:58:43 PM
Thanks for that clarification everyone, at least I can rest easy until I get back in the land of Oz...😀
Peter
Fly safe Gumbo. I'll post a cable to your cousin Andy tomorrow.
A pity you didn't go to Sweden. I hope to get back to Oz one day and see you.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

gumbo

Quote from: CodeSmart on May 04, 2017, 02:24:39 PM
Fly safe Gumbo. I'll post a cable to your cousin Andy tomorrow.
A pity you didn't go to Sweden. I hope to get back to Oz one day and see you.

Thanks...all well here...Got in late last night after a few plane delays and airport run-arounds, but no real dramas.
Just in need of a bit of re-setting of the body-clock over the next couple of days and I'll be back to my usual annoying self in no time at all  !!   8)

Rest assured we'll find a way of catching up somewhere in the future!

...and thanks for looking after Andy!

Cheers,
Peter

whippinpost91850

Glad you had a fun and safe trip

gumbo

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on May 06, 2017, 03:55:44 PM
Glad you had a fun and safe trip

..thanks Paul !
..it was fantastic, but it's also good to be home again  ;)